shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments please on this RB 0.82?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stubee77

Rough_Rock
Well, after one or two false starts, I would love to get all your learned opinions on this little RB.

Report:AGS
Carat: 0.825
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.9
Table: 55.1% Avg
Crown Angle: 34.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Girdle: 1.4-2.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.97-6.05X3.71mm

The SI1 inclusion, under the loupe, is quite obvious under the table (vendor says it''s eyeclean, but should this worry me?). Given a similar diamond, could one expect to pay a bit more for an SI1 with inclusions closer to the girdle (assuming a prong could mask it) ?

On the HCA it scores a big 1.0 - and, yes, it''s for en ering!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is the vendor''s definition of eye clean?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
If the vendor says it is eye clean, then I wouldn''t worry about the inclusion. SI1s are supposed to have easily identifiable inclusions under a loupe. Have you seen pictures of the diamond and of the inclusion?? What type of inclusion is it? Crystal, feather, etc?

Otherwise, the numbers look fine to me
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which vendor says it''s eye clean??? Some I trust more than others.

stubee77

Rough_Rock
It''s a GOG diamond - Internet purchase so I''m relying on Jons'' eagle eyes!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I trust his eyes. Should be a beautiful stone!!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
it sounds very nice... I am usually not enthousiast about dead-center SI inclusions, but if Jon says it''s eye clean, I will trust him. It''s a very hot size as well.
2.gif

rosey610

Rough_Rock
I wouldn''t trust the SI1 being eye clean from AGS. Better off getting a side inclusion and a GIA diamond.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 4:28:50 PM
Author: rosey610
I wouldn''t trust the SI1 being eye clean from AGS. Better off getting a side inclusion and a GIA diamond.
I would have to respectfully disagree with this. In fact, AGS has earned a reputation of being MORE stringent than GIA regarding clarity in recent times.

In fact, within the last year, a few folks did a little experiment in sending a good number of stones to various labs. In many instances, the grading between AGS and GIA matched, but in instances where they didn''t, AGS actually was stricter on clarity than AGS.

I own an SI2 diamond graded by AGS. My vendor SWORE it should have been an SI1. It is COMPLETELY eye-clean.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 4:28:50 PM
Author: rosey610
Rosey, I know you have only posted three times, but all three times, the responses have either been incorrect or not helpful at all.

Care to explain your reasoning behind this post??

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t know to add anything about AGS/GIA on this one... AGS seems to make a living out of strict standards for anything. Adding cut grades before GIA dares seems to indicate that, aside the survey here (and there isn''t much comparable evidence anyway!).

But both labs plot inclusions on face-up & face down RBC diagrams - and this one inclusion would be more or less visible depending on how deep it is inside the stone and whether it may be reflected around by facets under normal viewing. The lab reports can''t catch this and the magnified darkfield GOG pictures are allot hardsher than human eyes. If the inclusion is not visible, than it wouldn''t matter to me if it''s somewhere towards the cult or close to the girdle after all.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosey, I wonder exactly what you mean. Do you know Jonathon??? I do and I trust his eyes big time!!!
2.gif

stubee77

Rough_Rock
I just had a confirmation from Jonathon that the diamond is definitely "eye-clean", unless (in his words) "the person is wearing a microscope on their head"! - Lol, funny guy!. Quite a relief to hear it confirmed though, as inclusions under those dark-field images really do pop don''t they? (esp under magnification.). Alas, If only SI inclusions were to order!

Cheers Admin (Leonid?) for posting those AGS grading stats. It''s Much appreciated to confirm what I thought I knew of AGS consistency and to settle a case of the "newbie jitters"!
2.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
2.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif" width="15 border=0">

And Thanks again to you all for offering your opinions!
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Stu.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's great to hear stubee, can't wait to see some pics of it!!!!
36.gif

stubee77

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks for following the thread kaleigh! I will be sure to get some pics up... Just as soon as i chase down the setting - but that''s a whole different thread!
3.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
3.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif" width="15 border=0">

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results