shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments please, on this Idealscope Image

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brian100

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking about buying the following diamond. I can''t even think straight anymore! How does she look to you?

Thanks,

Brian

1.26 ct., H, VS1
Polish/Symmetry: E/E
HCA: 1.6

IS_GIA13787051.jpg

brian100

Rough_Rock
Oh, by the way. I''m not an expert. I''d just like to get something for my girlfriend that most people would look at and say, "that''s a nice diamond!"

Thanks,

Brian

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2005 9:4:16 PM
Author:brian100

How does she look to you?
Very nice
9.gif
one not-H&A round with top brilliance, judging from the IdealScope picture
34.gif

I do not know how much is that one... how does 7k sound by comparion ? (for this one) It just sounded tempting among the listings of matching size.

brian100

Rough_Rock
Dear Ana,

Yes, it is round and is not a H&A.

Did you mean to say that it is does have top brilliance, or does not have top brilliance?

Sorry for the confusion, and many thanks for your opinion.

Regards,

Brian

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2005 9:23:37 PM
Author: brian100

Did you mean to say that it is does have top brilliance, or does not have top brilliance?
I was trying to say "yes, it does have top brilliance". Sorry for the confusion...

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You said it has good HCA...what are the measurements??

35.gif

brian100

Rough_Rock
Here are the values entered for the HCA:

Table: 56.4%
Depth: 62.6%
Crown: 34.8 deg.
Pavilion: 40.8 deg.
Culet: 0.4%

Brian

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice! i think you will be quite happy with that!!
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have seen better I-Scope from WF
2.gif
what cause the big black spots next to the arrow shaft?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2005 10:44:12 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
have seen better I-Scope from WF what cause the big black spots next to the arrow shaft?
This is not H&A so it does not have H&A symmetry... the black patches are ... the same thing that arrows are: reflector facets
34.gif
If the arrows are bright, those spots will be too: they just add contrast there.

I am guessing a bit... but they might be due to the particular alignment of pavilion facets in this stone (that does not follow H&A symmetry, not that is a bad thing off the bat).

Perhaps if there was allot ore of them, all that contrast brilliance could be called too much of a good thing. Do you think that''s too much ?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of ideal cut bargains...

Have you seen this ?
31.gif

IS_AGS-4658702.jpg

it is a smidge smaller allright (6.7mm), but very Harts and Arrows (ACA) and a 5k bargain to boot.

Not sure if this is what Pricescope is meant for, but since the post was allowed
20.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2005 10:58:59 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 4/20/2005 10:44:12 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
have seen better I-Scope from WF what cause the big black spots next to the arrow shaft?
This is not H&A so it does not have H&A symmetry... the black patches are ... the same thing that arrows are: reflector facets
34.gif
If the arrows are bright, those spots will be too: they just add contrast there.

I am guessing a bit... but they might be due to the particular alignment of pavilion facets in this stone (that does not follow H&A symmetry, not that is a bad thing off the bat).

Perhaps if there was allot ore of them, all that contrast brilliance could be called too much of a good thing. Do you think that''s too much ?
Ana
i know is not a H&A stone but the big black patches are in a odd location.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Ana has hit the nail on the head:

This is not a precision-patterned diamond such as a H&A cut, and there is facet yaw at work here. DF, those dark places under the table are where lower girdles are yawed such that light is returned on the same axis as from adjacent mains.

Incidentally, this is a diamond that we brought in for the customer, so was not listed in our Expert Selection for any regulars who went a-looking for it
2.gif

Brian - If my comments are pinging your radar please give Brian Gavin a call tomorrow and he will speak with you about this.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would take John''s advice and talk to Brian at WF about it.
They may have a better diamond available at comparable prices in the ES line that is better cut.

brian100

Rough_Rock
Many thanks to all of you for your valuable comments. I didn''t know that diamond sellers read these posts, ha, ha! It makes sense though.

Anyhow . . . for some reason . . . I never looked at Whiteflash''s Hearts and Arrows cut diamonds. Here is one that I found this morning that I like a lot.

New comments?

Regards,

Brian

IS_AGS-5916009.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beauty!!!
30.gif

brian100

Rough_Rock
Many thanks, all, for your helpful comments!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results