shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on this ACA please before I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
I am closing in on my purchase of a WF ACA stone for an e-ring. I am looking for some feedback regarding this diamond that I''ve put on hold. I will be speaking to Brian about it tomorrow but any PS''ers comments might help me identify issues or questions I can ask him.

The link to the WF page is HERE.

It is a J color but Jamie at WF assured me it would face up white. (It will be going in a Vatche Royal Crown in white gold). It looks to me like the ideal-scope image is great, but one thing I am unsure about is the variation of the crown angles. From the Sarin, the average is 34.7 but the range is 34.2 to 35.2 yet the symmetry column on the Sarin says "0". Might this be cause for concern or does the nice ideal-scope image override this factor?
I also plan on confirming eye-cleanliness since it is SI1 and the plot shows the inclusions in the center.

Otherwise, does anyone have any comments for me?

Thank you!
Mark

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
Forgot to add the HCA score is 1.6 ex/vg/vg/vg using both the AGS and Sarin numbers.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Looks fabulous; I see no comparables to give you any pause.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice stone....don''t worry about the Sarin...the range is not unusually huge and the average is normally taken..that IS tells me more anyhow IMO...

I was considering this stone for an earring ... but alas no real good sister to it came around....so enjoy!
31.gif
If I can''t wear it, a fellow Pscoper should!

also in terms of eye-cleanliness, the best gauge is to click on their ''zoom'' picture under the stone image and see the 40x mag. if you can''t really see much in there, you are golden for real life...my stone had a bunch of white inclusions in it under the 40x mag that kind of freaked me out but in person i don''t see them at all. and i see a tiny tiny dark carbon piece very rarely and only at certain angles when the stone is close to my eye (aka when i am resting my head on my hand). inclusions are tricky and i think people are generally more than they should be after seeing alot of maul items!
32.gif

congrats! good luck.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one Id want to see the actual heart images on.
They are likely just fine but Id feel better about it seeing them with that range.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this looks like one of their old sarin scan maybe you can ask WF to do a new sarin scan and see what the crown angle say.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results