shape
carat
color
clarity

comment on an idealscope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jicedivine

Rough_Rock
Dear experts,
Can anyone give me some comment about the following ideal scope picture? I want to know what happen to the upper left area around 11
6.gif
0 -12
6.gif
0 position. Any comment is greatly appreicated. =)
IS_AGS-5679104.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This stone has had some clever minor facet treatments to upper girdle facets, and for whatever reason the facets in that area are more like they would be on a normal stone.

If the stone looked like that all the way around, we ould all say it is a fantastic standard stone, and if it was like most of the stone we would say "great 8* style / new line treatment". With a bit of both - either is fab - it is going to be a very nice stone -who knows - maybe this is the next bog thing for the nerds who cant decide?

jicedivine

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gary,
So, are you saying this diamond undergo some facet treatment to improve the diamond? I am pretty new with diamond and I am not sure if facet treatment is a positive or negative thing.
Please advice.

Jicedivine

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Jice, please don''t mistake Garry''s use of the word "treatment" as being in the same league with heat-treating, clarity-enhancing, or any such thing. It isn''t.

Simply put, some diamonds are cut in a certain way to get good light return all the way to the edges of the diamond. This look provides bold flashes. Some diamonds are cut in a certain way to maximize contrast. This look provides a greater number of smaller sparkles instead of a few bold sparkles.

One isn''t better than the other; it''s just a matter of preference.

It appears this diamond was cut with a primary goal of maximizing the edge-to-edge light look, but a given area was cut more traditionally.

It''s not a sign of anything wrong with the stone or it''s light performance. The stone looks to be beautiful from the IS image.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
This reminds me of the story where the little kid asks his parent where the baby came from and his parents give him the whole "facts of life story." and he says. Oh, I thought he was from New York!!!!" Anyway, I thought the poster was asking about the difference (white spots) on the edges at 11-12 oclock on the image.... ???
33.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
OK...Sorry ..was in a rush....Garry DID answer the question.....I''m having to peek at computeter on the run here......Sorry Garry, I owe you one!!!
2.gif

jicedivine

Rough_Rock
This is a very helpful information. Thank you so much folks.
(I found the people in this forum are very nice and helpful, I mean it.)
face1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results