shape
carat
color
clarity

Coming to America

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So there was abosolutely nothing on TV last night and I couldn''t sleep, so I watched the Victoria Beckham reality show on Bravo called "Coming to America". When I first heard that she was making a reality TV show, I wasn''t impressed because all she seems to do is scowl. I mean, how entertaining could it be to watch a woman suck on lemons all day? But I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. She''s actually a riot to watch and she has a great sense of humor. My impression of her has completely changed. The show was super entertaining, my FI could hear me cracking up from our rec room in the basement.

I highly reccommend this show!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I saw that on TV also. I thought she would be a stuck up little brat, but she was so down to earth and sweet. Even when the local women invited her over and they where acting a mess she kept her cool and thought it was a riot. I have to say no matter what others think I love her.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
HH I was pleasantly surprised as well. I thought she seemed warm and hilarious...I am glad she is better than I thought, since she is married to my secret boyfriend
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
He can''t be your boyfriend, he''s MY boyfriend.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found it mildly humorous, and she definitely didn''t come off as bad as she seems from all that scowling she does. However, the cynical part of me sat there thinking, ''this is PR GENIOUS on their part - to try and come off as endearing to the american public.'' So I don''t know if I buy it or not.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very true, it was still entertaining though.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to admit I love Mrs Beckham too! She isn''t unpopular here in England though.
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen the show but I always thought she seemed like one of the snobbiest girls in the world. She never smiles (well, that I''ve seen anyway), and she never looks happy. It looks like I could be wrong though. Maybe I''ll check it out.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 6:12:50 PM
Author: zoebartlett
I haven''t seen the show but I always thought she seemed like one of the snobbiest girls in the world. She never smiles (well, that I''ve seen anyway), and she never looks happy. It looks like I could be wrong though. Maybe I''ll check it out.
that''s what I used to think, too. I was pleasantly surprised as well as the others when I saw her show. She seemed much more down to earth than is portrayed in the magazines. Although, not too much, but I did find her humorous!

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 6:12:50 PM
Author: zoebartlett

She was on Leno a couple months ago and came across as quite nice. She mentioned the fact that she doesn''t smile in her photos and so people think she''s mean, but said that''s totally the wrong impression. I forget why she said she doesn''t smile in public or in photos, just not her thing I guess.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve seen it, in fact i was probably watching the same episode last night as you, HH! I love Bravo, and the Style network as well. Have you seen the new Tim Gunn show, it''s like What Not to Wear only TG is hosting/helping. Back to the Beckhams, I always thought the Spice Girls were cute and o.k. role models for girls as far as diversity, in recent times I was a bit miffed that VB has gotten SOOOOO tiny but in my old age (30, hee hee) I just choose to overlook her current size and "questionable" taste in fashion and watched the show anyway. You''re right, she does come across as an entirely different personality than the tabloids have depicted her as. I kind of "fancy" her! I especially love her hairstyle, I just wish Jenna Jamison''s wasn''t so similar.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
VB once said in an interview that she doesn''t smile because her nose looks like a pigs snout when she does. I don''t think it does but that must be how she sees herself.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I too saw this the other eve on Bravo, and I was pleasantly surprised!

DH and I have been using the word "knickers" ever since then.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2007 4:01:11 AM
Author: Maisie
VB once said in an interview that she doesn't smile because her nose looks like a pigs snout when she does. I don't think it does but that must be how she sees herself.
I have heard that also, and to my mind I think it is very sad with all her good fortune that she can't give a smile now and then, based on how she thinks her nose looks....She is very lucky if that is all she has to worry about.
20.gif

Funny thing was when her Husband was in hot water a couple of years ago, she didn't stop grinning then in each and every photo taken of her at that time
28.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve started saying "she''s major!" and I might change my tagline to "Can you see my knickers??"

I don''t really say "she''s major", but I thought it was so funny when she was complimenting the BH socialites. I couldn''t tell if she was being fake though. If she was, then she''s a good actress.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you call your underwear if you don''t say ''knickers''?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
underwear
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
panties, undies, underoos, I could go on...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unmentionables?
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drawers
25.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 5:52:25 AM
lol!
9.gif
This will make you chuckle Maiz - my Grandma used to wear these pink silk bloomers which reached to her knees....
23.gif
Now THOSE were drawers!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 6:08:09 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 9/21/2007 5:52:25 AM
lol!
9.gif
This will make you chuckle Maiz - my Grandma used to wear these pink silk bloomers which reached to her knees....
23.gif
Now THOSE were drawers!
Oh thats fantastic!!!! Where can I get me a pair of those??
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results