shape
carat
color
clarity

Coming down to the finishing line...............

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
............with my selection for my special Emerald cut diamond ring.
I need some sound advise, again, please! As follows is the infor----
*** 1) .70 Emerald Step,Measurements--5.94x4.34x30.1,Depth 68.00%, Table 62.00%,Crown 13.80%,51.40%, Girdle Thin to thick polished, Culet none, Polish -- Good, Symmetry-- Good, Clarity Grade VVS2, Fluor-- none.-- None comments are listed. --- EGL/ USA-- $3000.00-- looks the best of all of them. It seems to have an extra sparkle to me. No Characteristics are listed on the copy of the Certificate that I requested.
2).70 Emerald step--- 5.77x 4.67 x 2.99-- Depth--64.0%, Table 77%,Crown 7.3%,Pavilion 55.0%,Girdle very thin to medium polish,Culet-- none,Polish -- Good,Symmetry-- Good,Clarity VS2,Color E,Fluorescence-- Faint.----EGL/ USA--- $2625***Has 4 crystals and a extra small facet(sp)
3).67 Emerald cut,--5.75 x4.32 x 2.98,Depth--68.5,table 66%Girdle-- thick to very thick-- Polish-- Good, Symmetry--- Good,Color F,Fluorence--- None, Comments-- none-- Characteristics--- crystal
I like the 3.8 MM-- Plat.Slightly rounded setting with an Euro square shank made by Mercury.
Thanks everyone for any advice.
4.gif

I need to phone and see if #1--- has any Characteristics.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mrsgardener,
if you''ve seen these all side by side and liked #1 the best, don''t second guess yourself...it probably is. you are in a far better position to judge these stones than we are. numbers don''t mean so much in fancy shapes and there is no better alternative than live comparison. go with what you like best.
i hope you will post some pics for us!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with belle. Fancy cuts you can''t judge by the numbers alone. You have seen them and like #1 the best, so that''s the one!!! I love EC''s and look forward to seeing some pics.
1.gif

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
Many Thanks Belle and Kaleigh for your advise. I proably will go with #1. I will get photos of my ring once I buy my new digital camera. Thanks again!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely go with what you liked best! Numbers for fancies are hard to read without seeing the stone, but since you have already seen all three, then go with the best visual one! You won''t be walking around with a grading report on your finger
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for #1... as little as numbers can tell, I would guess it is the brighter in the bunch because of the higher crown. It doesn't hurt that is the largest looking too
5.gif

Whatever comments on a VVS2 cert... those will not mean much. There's no room fro meaningful imperfections with that grade, (EGL accounted for).

Just IMO, as usual

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rascal and Valeria for your response! This ring is a very personal item that has a story behind the money that is buying it..-- Thanks again!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results