shape
carat
color
clarity

Colorless/ Silver Topaz durability?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 10:33:42 AM
Author: chictomato

Wowow that''s a cool looking Topaz:)! I had just purchased an affordable silver ring setting from ebay. Shall keep you update when its set! What do you intend to do with your Topaz?:)
YES! Definitely post once it''s set - looking forward to it!

I figured my topaz was too big for a ring, so I was thinking of a necklace.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/6/2010 10:37:49 AM
Author: cellentani
Date: 2/6/2010 10:33:42 AM

Author: chictomato

Wowow that''s a cool looking Topaz:)! I had just purchased an affordable silver ring setting from ebay. Shall keep you update when its set! What do you intend to do with your Topaz?:)

YES! Definitely post once it''s set - looking forward to it!

I figured my topaz was too big for a ring, so I was thinking of a necklace.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE
3.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what beautiful rings!

As for white topaz and durability...I have a beautiful white topaz bezel set/sterling silver bracelet, (the bracelet is made up of the bezel set topaz stones linked together, but is not a tennis bracelet style) and I have worn it everyday, for months at a time and not one stone has cracked or chipped. I have to keep it clean, or they get cloudy looking, but they clean up really well, so I think your ring would hold up well.

Can''t wait to see pics of it set!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/6/2010 10:49:13 AM
Author: Ara Ann
Wow, what beautiful rings!

As for white topaz and durability...I have a beautiful white topaz bezel set/sterling silver bracelet, (the bracelet is made up of the bezel set topaz stones linked together, but is not a tennis bracelet style) and I have worn it everyday, for months at a time and not one stone has cracked or chipped. I have to keep it clean, or they get cloudy looking, but they clean up really well, so I think your ring would hold up well.

Can''t wait to see pics of it set!

Hi great to hear on the durability ( i hate chip or scratch on my stones). I am facing some problem getting the right setting, as my topaz is cut cornered, the actual width is only about 6.6mmX9.4mm, I don''t think that it will fit a 8X10mm mount...what size mount should I be looking at? can someone help..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results