shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone,
I have loved looking at all the beautiful rings in this forum but I am wondering how many of you actually have a colored gemstone as your engagement ring. If you do please post a picture of it here.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Look at the pinned topic at the top of the colored stones forum, there''s a TON of rings already there :)

ckim

Rough_Rock
I do.
1.gif

ckimring.jpg

ckimring2.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a sapphire? What origin?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have both. I have a dimaond engagment ring and then I have a seperate blue sapphire as well.

Here is a photo of my sapphire but it looks horrible for some reason. it is not that color in real life. In RL it is a rich royal blue with no discoloration in the center. I really need to get a better picture of it.

115847SapphireRingSarah.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
There are lots of colored stone engagement rings on here. Just poke around.
Also, many of the right hand rings photographed could be worn as engagement rings.
I have a diamond and three colored stone engagement rings, but I don''t wear rings on my right hand.
I haven''t worn my diamond once in over a year. I much prefer colored stones now.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I do... a cushion cut tsavorite.

Pic in my avatar.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
My original e-ring had a dark blue marquis sapphire. My new one has a color-change sapphire blue/purple.

Laura

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone,

I don’t post much but I do check in on a regular basis to see what people are interested in. I have a short story from several years ago that has stuck with me regarding a small ice blue sapphire in an engagement ring. I hope you don’t mind if I share it here.

The vendor who sells my designs used to present several times a year at the San Mateo Intergem show. (He has since opened his own store, so I only visit gem shows now.) I was helping behind the counter and a young couple stopped by looking for a small sapphire for a simple white gold prong type setting – they knew nothing about gemstones or sapphire. I found a small parcel packet of approximately 1 ct native cut sapphires and poured out about 50-60 in the tray to pick though. We then realized that there was an even larger supply of similar sapphires tucked away in storage under the counter so we pulled that out too. We had quite a few stones to choose from.

It was quite easy for me to cull through the native cut stones and pull the stones that were cut with the correct angles and we ended up with about 5 that were simply spectacular -the brightest stones with the most sparkle. The price was around $200 a ct for this small size if I remember correctly and the sapphire they chose was a little over ct. They decided that they wanted to think about it and left, but returned in about 10 minutes to buy the stone.

It was a small drop dead perfectly performing native cut ice blue sapphire, gorgeous in the simple setting. As far as I was concerned it was the best sale of the show.

I wish I had a photo to share; the image has certainly remained with me.

Regards,

Jeffrey Hunt

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
I originally had a small diamond ring but for our 20th anniversary had this sapphire ring made. I wear it with a 2.5mm plain white gold wedding band.

coral_hibiscus_sapphire 3.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my avatar is my e-ring: 8.18 spessartite. it is not a 24/7 ring but i wear each and every time i leave the house...even if i''m going to the garden center, lumber yard, etc.

mz

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 10:37:29 PM
Author: movie zombie
my avatar is my e-ring: 8.18 spessartite. it is not a 24/7 ring but i wear each and every time i leave the house...even if i''m going to the garden center, lumber yard, etc.

mz
MZ - I do the same... but, do you take yours off if you are lifting heavy bags of grit or something? Or just smile sweetly at the nice man serving?
28.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my original e-ring. Pink sapphire and diamonds. I also got a diamond solitaire later, but this is THE actual engagement ring!!!
35.gif

on the granite.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 6:11:52 AM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 2/10/2010 10:37:29 PM
Author: movie zombie

mz
MZ - I do the same... but, do you take yours off if you are lifting heavy bags of grit or something? Or just smile sweetly at the nice man serving?
28.gif
depends:

at the nursery i allow the staff...who is often another woman [these people never go to a gym!]...to do the heavy lifting but i do lift plants and smaller pots with the ring on [they get to do the larger ones!].

when at the actual landscaping place that sells gravel and cement retaining wall blocks, etc, i have taken the ring off......i sometimes have to "assist" the nice man [in this case its always a man] in making sure Big Red [Ford f-150 long bed pick up] is properly loaded to maximum advantage
41.gif

if a bag of soil is properly wrapped, i don''t mind lifting it with my ring on.....as long as its not a strain on my back!

mz

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The *real* engagement ring. 1.2ct blue spinel in custom split shank...

IMG_5914 frekes REAL ering.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...and ALL of my engagement rings. Coming soon to a thread near you.

IMG_8402 freke.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 1:39:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
LOL, Freke!!!
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY rings everyone!! I don''t think I''ve seen Ckim''s or pierreone''s rings before. TFS!!
9.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 1:39:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
You should make him re-propose every time you get a new ring.
2.gif

Then he will spend all his time thinking of new ways to tell you how much he loves you.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine.

LS

Foo309.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Lost Sapphire,
I still consider your ring my favorite. Although they look nothing alike, I was 'inspired' by your ring and your story to get my ring for our 29th anniversary, last August.
Here is my ruby, with my eternity band, which is 13 years old now.

eternal ruby.JPG

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 6:41:02 AM
Author: LostSapphire
Here''s mine.

LS

Such a great ring, I was going to post a reply on your original thread, but it wouldn''t let me do it for some reason. The re-cut really set the stone off didn''t it?

I love the stone I got for my fiance, but if I was going to do it again, I would have got the same stone and then had it recut so it would "pop" a bit more. I think it''s too late since I''m sure the stone wouldn''t go back into the setting the same way.

Maybe I''ll just wait for a 15 year upgrade
2.gif

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my purple sapphire e-ring...

No idea what I''m going to do for a wedding band!
33.gif

purplehalo1-kp04101A1.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do I do! I love it to pieces!

100_044511.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results