shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color mtsapphirelovingannie!!!
I love that setting. It's looks like a fairy tale crown.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the stone I bought from minoubijoux. Here's her description:
Description
Superbly cut by John Burleyson of Gemrite . The emerald cut and polish is stunning, with an almost metallic sheen. Saturation is intense for such a light toned stone. It is a light lemon in diffuse daylight or incandescent light, and a bright light lemon lime in direct daylight. It never goes dark - just a lovely, extremely well cut stone. Dimensions are 8.86x5.97x5.53mm.

High quality diopside of this color appears uncommon, primarily found in Tanzania, and often going by “Merelani Mint” Diopside. Check out Prima for prices of comparable stones. The two stones that look closest in color (but cutting in this one is much better) are the 2.03ct and the 2.14 ct each for $400/ct

_28866.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

_28869.jpg

_28870.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful chryso caf! I love how you've set it. I've also purchased from Minou before and in my experience her descriptions and photos are very accurate.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caf,
Is that a chrysoberyl or diopside?? Confused, but whaetever it is, the ring came out beautifully.

Here's a 10mm precision cut rhodolite with a small table. I'm not a fan of dark toned stones, but I had it unset for years and years, and thought it looked nice in this antique style setting. Despite the dark tone, it actually flashes really pretty due to the precision cutting. I may set it and give it to my daughter when she's older.

tlrhodolite.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two tourmalines, one hot pink, and sitting in a very poor quality LOGR. This LOGR actually grew on me because the white gold plating is coming off, and I kind of like that, and it looks old and beat up, but it's not. It's just bad bad metalwork and single cut diamonds which kind of look like rose cuts to me. The hot pink tourmaline is 100% pink, with a touch of blue, no color shifts, but the photo doesn't do it justice.

Well, at least this pic demonstrates how different tourmaline color can be.

tltourmalines.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7mm rainbow moonstone I won on ebay for very little in order to test out a vendor's photo accuracy. It's actually quite nice for what I paid. It's sitting loose in an antique style setting. You can see the rainbow band across it.

tlmoonstone.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice moonstone, TL!

CAF, wow, it looks beautiful in that setting! How did you find a jeweler to set it? Did they have any problems setting it? I'm impressed that you had the courage to do what I was too afraid to do - have it set in a ring. The style of the ring goes well with the stone and I love its low profile. Do you find that the stone looks greener now than when unset? :appl: :appl:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TL it is a diopside. Thanks.

MB - I have a great bench in Denver. He had to fashion a bit of a bezel to hold it securely in the antique setting. But it looks great in it and is secure. More green - yes sort of a deeper pale green. I really wanted a setting that was low profile and protective. But still let in light. I think I found this one on ebay awhile ago. Who knows why but it worked out! I just got it last week from my bench and have really enjoyed wearing it thus far. You have a great eye for stones and this is amazingh. I cannot tell you how much I love this stone. So thanks so much for selling it to me.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting Caf!!! That green is mesmerizing :love:

TL: thanks for sharing!!! I especialy love love love the Rhodolite :appl: :appl: :appl:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Acinom. It was Minousbijoux who picked a killer stone. I just benefited from her cleaning out her jewelry box. PS'ers are so nice that way :dance:

filthyfingers

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm a newbie but I spent all night trawling through this forum and the diamond e-ring forum. I wanted to post a photo of my emerald we just purchased before getting it set in the ring. I love this stone so much and of course worry maybe I paid too much and it's not worth it but I guess wht's done is done! I changed the exposure to show you the gem off properly, the original photo was taken in bad lighting

_29085.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.62 pear welo opal from opal auctions
13.9 x 9.9 x 5.3mm
janish on etsy did the setting

opa4.jpg

opa3.jpg

opa7.jpg

opa2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
filthyfingers|1429096921|3862127 said:
Hello! I'm a newbie but I spent all night trawling through this forum and the diamond e-ring forum. I wanted to post a photo of my emerald we just purchased before getting it set in the ring. I love this stone so much and of course worry maybe I paid too much and it's not worth it but I guess wht's done is done! I changed the exposure to show you the gem off properly, the original photo was taken in bad lighting

Welcome to PS! What a gorgeous stone :love:
Please come back to show how you set the emerald in a ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1429982429|3867698 said:
3.62 pear welo opal from opal auctions
13.9 x 9.9 x 5.3mm
janish on etsy did the setting

Beautiful opal ZestfullyBling. And Janish did a great job on the setting.
Thanks for posting.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1428687852|3859935 said:
Caf,
Is that a chrysoberyl or diopside?? Confused, but whaetever it is, the ring came out beautifully.

Here's a 10mm precision cut rhodolite with a small table. I'm not a fan of dark toned stones, but I had it unset for years and years, and thought it looked nice in this antique style setting. Despite the dark tone, it actually flashes really pretty due to the precision cutting. I may set it and give it to my daughter when she's older.

You may not be a fan of dark toned stones but to me that color is perfect. I LOVE that color and covet it in spinel which is soooo hard to find. Beautiful stone and ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1430538314|3870955 said:
TL|1428687852|3859935 said:
Caf,

You may not be a fan of dark toned stones but to me that color is perfect. I LOVE that color and covet it in spinel which is soooo hard to find. Beautiful stone and ring.

Thanks Lisa,
I personally rather have this color in a garnet, as it is much less expensive than in a spinel, and garnets are pretty durable, even though they're not as hard as spinels.

The lapidary I purchased it from may have more material.

http://www.westerngem.com/Cut-Gemstones.html

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Thanks Lisa,
I personally rather have this color in a garnet, as it is much less expensive than in a spinel, and garnets are pretty durable, even though they're not as hard as spinels.

The lapidary I purchased it from may have more material.

http://www.westerngem.com/Cut-Gemstones.html[/quote]

Thanks for the link. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite moonstone on a black background, which really enhances the color.

tlmoonstone_black.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my new spessartite earrings and pendant set. The spessartites are from Gemfix and cut by Andrew. They are amazing gems! The pendant is 3.69 ct with a diameter of 8.5 mm. The earrings are 3.79 ct total weight with a diameter of 6.9 mm each. They are set in 18K yellow gold. The pave work in the double halo is amazing. This was custom made by a local jeweller. I'm waiting on my ring but I did get a preview of the wax model yesterday.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles!!! We are spess sistahs! Andrew cut mine too!

These are just gorgeous, OMG. I love the look of the halo and the yellow gold with the great color on the spessartites. :love: :appl: :love: Those stones have a great color AND so so lively. Andrew is one hella cutter.

You must be pleased, I think the project turned out just amazingly.

I can't wait to see the ring!!! I'll be checking back.

Great job!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
caf, what a smashing stone, I love the color :love: :love: :love:

The setting is so elegant and it looks wonderful on you :appl: Are you pleased? I hope so, I think its an amazing stone in a terrific setting. More pics/different lighting? Have you seen it looking lime-y at all?

Congratulations on a fabulous ring!! :bigsmile:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1431199136|3874570 said:
Poodles!!! We are spess sistahs! Andrew cut mine too!

These are just gorgeous, OMG. I love the look of the halo and the yellow gold with the great color on the spessartites. :love: :appl: :love: Those stones have a great color AND so so lively. Andrew is one hella cutter.

You must be pleased, I think the project turned out just amazingly.

I can't wait to see the ring!!! I'll be checking back.

Great job!!!

Thanks azstonie! I agree, love Andrew's cutting (so does my jeweller). They are very lively stones. I told Laura they remind me of California poppies. I am so happy with the way they turned out. My jeweller sourced the pear shape spessartite but it's a very close match to the ones I got from Gemfix. I also have a cushion from Gemfix but I haven't quite decided on the design yet other than knowing it will be yellow gold as well.

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
This spess set is breathtakingly beautiful Poodles4me! I love them very much and it inspired me to consider setting some loose stones into halo pendants! :angel:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New earrings and pendant from Yvonne Raley. The color in the vendor photos is mostly accurate to what I see in person, but the photos are unable to capture how bright/glowing the gems really are. :wavey: The color is amazing!!

Haüyne/hauynite (untreated) in rose gold earrings
Colombian emerald (oil only) pendant.

Vendor photo:
hauyne.jpg
emerald_pendant_1.jpg

My photo:
hauyneearringsememeraldpendant.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko!!! Great design choices :love: :love:
I would love to play with your jewelry box for a day :appl: . I like!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1431189318|3874522 said:
Here is my new spessartite earrings and pendant set. The spessartites are from Gemfix and cut by Andrew. They are amazing gems! The pendant is 3.69 ct with a diameter of 8.5 mm. The earrings are 3.79 ct total weight with a diameter of 6.9 mm each. They are set in 18K yellow gold. The pave work in the double halo is amazing. This was custom made by a local jeweller. I'm waiting on my ring but I did get a preview of the wax model yesterday.

Aah! These are amazing. What a fabulous set.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
Mochiko!!! Great design choices :love: :love:
I would love to play with your jewelry box for a day :appl: . I like!!
Thanks, Acinom [emoji4]. How kind of you to say that, when your jewelry collection would be like CS heaven [emoji16] [emoji16]! I really must be on a ban, though. Just ordered some 1tcw diamond studs from Whiteflash, so I'm REALLY done for the year. I guess I will put off setting my remaining CS til next year [emoji28]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results