shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I was just wondering how many colors diamonds actually come in. I know about pink and blue but, when watching those homeshopping networks they have rings with colors like brown and green. Do diamonds come in those colors? I''m not planning on buying from them it just got me thinking.

I know this is the diamond forum but I''ll sneak this in too. What about pearls they had a gold one. Claimed it was natural not colored. I''ve only known about white and black pearls.

Thanks

35.gif

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Yeah diamonds come in yellow, black, and green too. I am not sure about brown,
The yellow is the most ''common'' of the fancy color diamonds. Pink I believe is the next most rare. After that I am not sure, but i know that green diamonds are extremely rare and they are extremely expensive.

I think they are really gorgous too, especially the pink. But the color many times is very washed out now because finding an instensely colored diamond is so rare now.
Hope this helps

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, there are brown and green diamonds, as well as red, blue, yellow, orange, pink.... and the list goes on with a rainbow of colors.
you can find champagne colored pearls as well.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: belle
....there are brown and green diamonds, as well as red, blue, yellow, orange, pink.... and the list goes on with a rainbow of colors.
To illustrate, I "borrowed" this pic from the Colored Gemstone Forum, originally posted by dkodner.....it will be some necklace, don''t you think??
3.gif

widget

un4edjgf.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
In some mines iv read that browns are the most common color.
In others its the 3rd most common after yellow and white.
Most traditionally have been crushed into industrial abrasive.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all!

I wasn''t sure if they were just making it up. Thats going to be one heck of a necklace lucky duck!

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results