shape
carat
color
clarity

Color madness!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hey!

Sooo I have been looking at color combos and inspiration boards galore and I still don''t know what colors to pick.
I had asked the help of friends - but since I am the last to marry, they just don''t seem to care at this point
7.gif

I am turning to you!!! PLEASE offer some suggestions, please give me tons of pics to look at.
The wedding is in early June. The venue is pretty much a clean canvas ... beige-y floors and walls ...

So far I have a deep plum purple, with teal, pink and yellow??? Not sure how that will look together though.
Fiance wants orange and blue in there .... But not to sure how I feel about those colors.

Please offer any suggests you can!!

I need to pick something so I can move onto other things!
14.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Blue and orange? Isn''t that the Miami Dolphin''s colors?
2.gif

I saw a purple and orange wedding somewhere that looked fantastic, but I can''t remember where. Maybe that would be a good compromise? One of his and one of yours.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 2:20:35 PM
Author:EyeElle
Hey!

Sooo I have been looking at color combos and inspiration boards galore and I still don''t know what colors to pick.
I had asked the help of friends - but since I am the last to marry, they just don''t seem to care at this point
7.gif

I am turning to you!!! PLEASE offer some suggestions, please give me tons of pics to look at.
The wedding is in early June. The venue is pretty much a clean canvas ... beige-y floors and walls ...

So far I have a deep plum purple, with teal, pink and yellow??? Not sure how that will look together though.
Fiance wants orange and blue in there .... But not to sure how I feel about those colors.

Please offer any suggests you can!!

I need to pick something so I can move onto other things!
14.gif
That seems like a lot of color to me, I''m not sure how that would all look together either.

What shade of blue does your FI want?

I agree with ts44, eggplant/plum and orange make an awesome combination.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
EE i had this exact same problem! Choosing colors was the hardest for me because I didn''t want a color dominant wedding. I just wanted it to look natural (having a rustic garden wedding). But everyone, vendors and friends, kept asking me about my colors! So i went with green, white, and hints of purple.

Sorry I can''t be of more help. I think what would have really helped me focus on a color palate is just finding one or two inspiration photos and working off of those exclusively because even if you''re set on colors, there are a million varying shades. Inspiration photos can be anything from other wedding images or home decor. Keep is simple. If you do use more than 2 colors, make one color the focus and use the other two as accents.

Good luck lady!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it sounds like you are starting to get a lot of colors, and strong colors at that. I''d narrow it down to to main colors (purple and orange can be beautiful if they are the right shades and it fits the vibe/season of your wedding.) You can always have tiny accents of the other colors, but I''d narrow down the main ones first.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there is necessarily anything wrong with incorporating many colors, but I think if you are going to have more than 2 or 3 colors, the remaining colors should be only minor accents. For instance, you could incorporate a lot of bright colors in your flowers, but then have one or two colors represented in everything else like the dresses and invitations, etc.

I think if you were able to narrow it down to 2 or 3 colors, it will really help you focus in on what you want. Otherwise, there are almost too many choices. Know what I mean? I''ve chosen a fun shade of yellow for my bridesmaid dresses, and now I am basing almost all of my other decisions off of that color, but I will incorporate some other subtle colors through flowers). It has really helped me to have that one color chosen because it narrows my selection done, which I think is a good thing.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 4:53:16 PM
Author: Erinleigh
Date: 1/25/2010 3:25:57 PM

Author: Delster

Think of the colours on a peacock's tail - maybe those could fit the bill?

Peacock Wedding Inspiration Board on Project Wedding

+1... I always LOVE peacock tail coloured weddings! I think it gives a great variety of some bright colours, while not being too overpowering.

Ditto! One of my friends is getting married in October, and she's picked out her wedding colors based on the peacock tail theme.

Also remember that bolder colors like eggplant purple and teal will photograph better too (in my opinion, at least) because they won't fade into the background like pale colors tend to do. It's all about what your tastes are!

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Think of the colours on a peacock''s tail - maybe those could fit the bill?

Those colours are spectacular!!! What a unique idea.

Our 2 main colours are ivory and soft pale sage. For a little ''punch'' here and there, I am adding a touch of eggplant.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I would also really think about how much decorating you''re going to do. If you''re just going to do a centerpiece, table cloth, and napkins, it can be hard to incorporate all of the colors you want. I would start with 2 main colors and have one or two others that you can add in as needed. Just remember that you''re not going to be painting the walls and adding carpet to this place - there''s only so much you can do and you don''t want so many colors that it looks like you just picked a different color for each decorative item.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for commenting. You all make good points about the number of colors.
I wouldn''t be using every color for everything.

I was thinking purple table clothes and dresses, and then the flowers be pink and yellow, and the teal be strickly for an accent colour, so it will only appear, on the invites, and place cards, maybe some ribbon here and there, so nothing major.

I LOVE the idea of peacock colours ... would of never thought of it so thanks for that :)

I will think some more, and like many have said stick to only 2 or 3 colours. It will be easier for me in the long run as well.

Thanks again for the input :)

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Deep plum and green (celery green) look FABULOUS together. Have you thought about that? And you could add a neutral color in there ... like ivory or latte to tie it all together.

I put together something really quickly in PS to show you what it looks like together. What do you think? I love this color combo and would think about using it for my wedding if I hadn''t already decided on blue and yellow.

colorcomboscope.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I like the deep plum and celery green. Also, Peacock is super pretty!!

Since your wedding is in June, I would be inspired by Summer colors. I know you said your venue is a blank canvas, but what about the landscaping? Part of town (country vs. city)? Etc? My venue is really what helped inspire me and set the tone for my colors. Also, I think it helps to have a theme or feeling - retro, vintage, antique, fiesta, modern, traditional, etc. So...tell us more about it.
2.gif

One scheme that I''ve really liked for Summer weddings is Turquoise and Red...here is a link and here. I''ve seen some other really great weddings with that combo on some of the blogs - Snippet & Ink, StyleMePretty, etc. When I was first trying to get inspired for my wedding, I think I looked at every page on these blogs! Quite time consuming, but it helped!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2010 4:53:16 PM
Author: Erinleigh

Think of the colours on a peacock's tail - maybe those could fit the bill?

+1... I always LOVE peacock tail coloured weddings! I think it gives a great variety of some bright colours, while not being too overpowering.
Ditto here - i did peacock colors and i used peacock feathers in the girls bouquets - I had teal, purple/pink, and lime green in the flowers. I'll try to find the linky for you.

EDIT: here's the link that shows the girls dresses and flowers - scroll down to see the flower girls pomander too! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/back-and-married-with-non-pro-photos.131749/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results