shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Combo Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there I have made a couple of purchases lately. 5 has arrived, awaiting for another few more.. Here is a group pict:)

The 3 on top row (right to left)- a zircon(hope that Dan does not mine that I took it out for a shot:) it was meant for someone else, but was sent to me due to a shipping error), Spinel, Australia Sapphire.

The 3 on bottom row (right to left, 2.05 carats Rubellite Tourmaline, 1.37 carats Rhodolite Garnet and lastly a 1 carat Brazil Chrysoberyl.

I was thinking of creating a set of 3 stacking rings with the the Rhodolite Garnet and Chrysoberyl. It can be Sally's lotus or some other variations. I need some suggestion on the '3rd' color to complete the trio. Kindly note that IRL (general lighting), the Rhodolite (red Violet) is a tad darker than the pict, whereas, the Chrysoberyl (pure canary yellow, no green/brown/orange) is brighter than the pict.

What color do you suggest for the 3rd gem to complete the set? I though of a darker green? maybe a chrome tourmaline? TIA

Photo0224.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will be returning the top row. Do note that the photos were really badly taken (but this is the best I can achieve with my camera phone...), I do not know why are there all these ''extinction'' that does not exist IRL

Photo0221.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know, maybe they would look interesting with that Aussie sapphire. They''d all be similar in shape, dimensions, level of brilliance, and the colors match nicely too IMO. That steely shade of blue could really compliment a vibrant, straight yellow, and a deep purplish red.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
First of all lovely stones. I think that a darker green stone would look nice.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a strongly coloured medium green stone will be a good balance for the trio. Medium because your chrysoberyl is so bright while the rhodolite is dark. Also, since both shapes are very unique, it’ll be interesting to keep that going with a very unique cut in itself.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks oddoneout, Chrono and ma re! Yes green seems like a nice choice. Will keep a lookout for one:) Thanks!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think green would also be a great complement! :)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Another green vote!
3.gif

And your stones are beautiful.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/8/2010 4:11:47 PM
Author: platinumrock
Another green vote!
3.gif

And your stones are beautiful.
Thanks platinumrock and Maevie
1.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not too good with combining colors, but I will say if you do go with a green be decisive about it, you have a yellow gem, a purpley red gem, and if you add a green gem and these are meant to be stacked, you might get a traffic light effect (red yellow green) just saying.

I think all of those are lovely gems and that stackers would be so fun! (p.s. I love the spinel
30.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results