shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Change sapphire Tanzania or Tunduru Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! I was reading up some informations on CC sapphire and come across some nice color change from Tanzania and Tunduru Africa. May I know which of these origin supply better cc sapphire? as in better grade? and what are the most priced color change e.g blue to purple/ purple to teal/ etc..? thanks in advance

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you''re better off evaluating the stone on a case by case basis, as far as I''m aware, neither of those origins would increase the price based on pedigree alone (unlike Ceylon origin, which can sometimes affect the price).

Speaking of blue to purple color change, some tanzanites can show that pretty well as well, just fyi in case you''re interested
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chic,
I believe it has been said here in Pricescope on numerous occasions that all gemstones should be viewed as an individual and that origin does not play a large role. It is akin to saying that only the very best sapphires come from the Kashmir region. Yes, Kashmir produces very fine velvety sapphires but it also produces junky sapphires.

artemiss

Rough_Rock
FWIW, Tunduru and Songea are both regions/cities in the southern part of the country of Tanzania in Africa.

I agree with taking it case by case, especially on something like a colour-changer.

It seems that the really well-saturated blue to purple are the most expensive. I personally don''t like them as well as the more dramatic green to purple ones, but that is my personal opinion, and I am by no means a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results