shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Blind Male proposed and she said YES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmames99

Rough_Rock

Hey everyone! I''ve got some wonderful news to share. I finally proposed over the weekend and she said yes! Now for the story...

My girlfiend (now fiancee) and I have been dating for a little over 2 years now, most of which has been somewhat long distance, I live in Philadelphia, PA and she lives in Atlantic City, NJ (about an hour and half apart, depending on traffic). Last week I asked her what her thoughts were on taking a "spontaneous" trip to NYC on Saturday to do some sight seeing if the weather was nice. She thought that was a good idea, so after scouring the weather reports to make sure that the weather was going to cooperate, I called her Dad on Wednesday night and asked for her hand. Unfortunately I had to do it over the phone because her parents live in Syracuse, NY (about 5 hours away) and we didn''t really confirm that we were actually going to go to the city until mid-week, so there wasn''t really any time for a last minute trip to Upstate NY. Anyways, her father gave me his blessing and the countdown to the weekend was on.

I drove down to her apartment in NJ on Friday night with the ring already planted in the pocket of the jeans that I had planned on wearing the next day. We took the train into the city on Saturday, went to the World Trade Center site, hung out in Battery Park, walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, ate some pizza, and spent the rest of the day walking around and people watching in Central Park. Once the sun started to go down and the weirdos started coming out in the Park, we took the train back to midtown and walked to the Empire State Building.

We had bought tickets to go the top (86th floor observatory) of the Empire State Building online the day before, so everything was going as planned and she had no idea about what was to come. The security to go to the top was like that of an airport (x-ray machines + metal detectors) and I was REALLY nervous that the ring in my pocket would set off the metal detector, but luckily it did not.

So we took a really fast elevator to the top and walked around gazing at the city and all the lights. After about a half an hour, she started to get cold (it was very windy up there) and wanted to leave, but I still had a job to do...

So I suggested that we should have somebody take our picture while we were up there before we left and she agreed. We stood there for a little while longer waiting to fiind somebody to take our picture. Finally a man and woman came up beside us and I asked the woman if she would take a picture of us. She said sure, so I handed her the camera and while my girlfriend was putting down the hood of her sweatshirt and fixing her hair, I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me when she turned around for the picture. She was so shocked that she screamed and started crying and barely let out a yes. So now we are engaged and I am the luckiest man in the world!

Thanks a million to all of you PSers for helping me find the perfect diamond (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/color-blind-male-iso-princess-cut-for-3-3-5k.119478/). I couldn''t have done it with out you! Thank you Whiteflash for the beautiful ring! And thank you to the random woman who took the excellent pictures of my proposal!

Hopefully these pics uploaded properly...

proposalpics.jpg

jadedpony

Rough_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! You both look very happy!

Nice little story and it looks like you did your research and picked our a great stone and ring.

I just got engaged last Wednesday myself.

- Dave

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sweet story! congratulations!! beautiful ring
16.gif

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! The ring is beautiful! You did such a amazing job with her ring I bet she can''t stop staring at it!
36.gif
You''re an adorable couple!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I remember your story! She looks ecstatic!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, the ring is so beautiful! And how wonderful to have pics of the actual proposal, I think that is so awesome! So many of us just have our memories, and those fade over time. The person taking the pics did a great job!

elisekelly

Rough_Rock
that''s such a cute story!!! you guys look great together. beautiful princess cut ring too!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story!!!! Congratulations!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement!!! Great job on everything!! That''s one beautiful ring you got for your beautiful Fiancee!! Don''t forget to start your own Show Me the Ring thread whenever you get the chance! We love seeing new rings especially one with awesome engagement photos!!!

classc1

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your engagement...thanks for sharing your engagement story!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, and well done!
9.gif
36.gif

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
congrats bud, everything is perfect!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Awwww! I had a little teary reading your story! Congratulations on your engagement!!!!

BTW my FI is colour blind and it''s pretty funny sometimes. We always have ''can you tell the difference between these two'' at the supermarket when it''s time to buy new toothbrushes
2.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Those pictures are so sweeet!!!!
and the ring is gorgeous!

congrats to both of you!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!
21.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweet proposal. Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, you did a great job! Congratulations! The ring and your fiancee are beautiful!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congratulations to you both!! What a perfect proposal, and the ring is lovely!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results