shape
carat
color
clarity

Collar Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ava needs a new dog collar, due to her puppy siblings eating the rhinestones out of the one she was given before. I like this style, and I was wonder what color would be best for my little Boston Terrier. Is there any color I ought to be avoiding?

Black blue or navy.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I like that turquiose color! It''s kind of the Tiffany blue
2.gif
But of course on a black and white doggy, a black collar always looks beautiful and classy. (I can''t believe I''m saying this about a dog collar
3.gif
.) But Mata I want to have a chance to tell you too that Ava is sooo cute!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you like those buckle collars? I personally don''t buy those for Portia (except I did make an exception and bought her a cute hot pink Coach one at the outlet for $10!) because they are so hard to get on and off easily.

We don''t leave the collar on in the house and stuff so we like the quick release plastic or metal ones that you click in together....unfortunately there aren''t many fashion options for them because I think most people think they are more sporty than fashion. I have hers custom made, I find the grosgrain ribbon on eBay, buy 2-3 yards for $5 or similar and then send them to this gal who makes collars online for $15 and she does them and sends them back to me!

The funny thing is that we went into a dog boutique near us recently and we saw one of the ribbons I''d found on eBay made into a collar JUST like P''s, with the snap quick release buckles and they were ''branded'' and selling for $30! I got mine for about $16 including shipping! HAA! The owner of the store who knows us was like ''how did you get one of them before they even came out?!'' ....
2.gif

Anyway just figured I''d throw in some thoughts re: the buckle or the quick release...I do have some fashion buckles like those you posted aka the Coach and another one but I don''t use them hardly at all....esp because P has 2 sets of good name tags (aka swarovski crystal and the like) and so I usually have two main collars with those items on there and the rest I just cycle in and out and the buckle ones are too much of a pain to use long term.

If you do like the buckles, check out www.pamperedpuppy.com and go into their shopping section, and click on Collars and Leashes I think, they have TONS of vendors who make buckle collars. I have been tempted to get P one of those cool alligator ones or something, they are like $100 but then I think well I don''t even use the ones we have now, why get another one?

I think it''ll be time soon to have some new quick release ones made too! Oh and if you don''t like the plastic release, many companies do have metal ones but I don''t like those for P because they are heavier and she is small so I don''t want it to weigh her down.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 3:08:00 PM
Author: Mara

And then it''s just a game -- Who can find the eye!?!!

3.gif
haha, Ohhh I''m sorry, Mara! I''ve just always wanted to add that to your signature!!
19.gif
9.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 3:32:53 PM
Author: sunkist

3.gif
haha, Ohhh I''m sorry, Mara! I''ve just always wanted to add that to your signature!!
19.gif
9.gif
Sick and wrong!!!
3.gif
I love it! Hee Hee
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 3:32:53 PM
Author: sunkist

3.gif
19.gif
9.gif
lol...toooo funny!
39.gif

i like the turquoise collar too mat.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for the turquoise collar.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I like the turquoise too.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
me too.... turquoise
1.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL.....now this thread has got me shopping for dog collars for Ava!

I think she should have something in black and white. My first thought was checkered, but maybe that''s not feminine enough for that cutie.

What about ''glamour dot'' or ''safari chic''??

Mara: LOL, you crack me up! Portia gets custom designed dog collars??!!
9.gif

widget

glamdotsfri.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
We don’t use the clicker collars for Ava, we had one before but the other dogs undo them when they are playing together…and then it takes forever to find the thing in the yard, all of a sudden 16 acres becomes the size of Texas.
32.gif

I am really torn between the aqua color and the black. I think are both so pretty and fun, I would ask her but she is such a greedy girl she would want both.
27.gif

Though in light of the color votes so far I think ya’ll might like one of her new squeaky toys.
31.gif

(The dog collar is actually a Hermes’s tie turned into a dog collar cover…school project with my little siblings, it’s a bit goofy but they all sold.)

sniffany and co 1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Little close up of the same toy:

sniffany and co 2.JPG

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh Widget! Those are the cutest collars!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
snifffany & Co?? Too cute!!!!
3.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 5:30:47 PM
Author: Matatora

(The dog collar is actually a Hermes’s tie turned into a dog collar cover…school project with my little siblings, it’s a bit goofy but they all sold.)

Matatora,

GASP!!!!!...SPEW!!!!!...KACK!!!!

YOU USED AN HERMES TIE FOR A DOG COLLAR!!!! DO YOU REALIZE HERMES TIES START AT $150.00 NOW.

Egads you give new meaning to "fashion hound". You must really love your (very, very cute) doggie.
3.gif

One day soon I''ll post pics of my Hermes bag collection. I have been collecting Hermes for close to 25 years. I have nine bags too date. I just did a photo shoot for fun.
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Heck no it wasn’t me! The parents at my younger siblings school were asked to donate ties for the kids craft project so they could be made into dog collar covers, and then the collar covers were sold at the school fair. That is the one that was chosen for Ava, and it doesn’t get worn when other doggies are around.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep widget...custom dog collars!! But they are affordable which is why I like them and I don''t like alot of the patterns on the quick release collars out there for small dogs.

Here is one of the grosgrains I used for one of P''s collars. This is the one that the ''designer'' in the dog boutique also uses for her stuff.
So P''s collars look just like the ones you posted (widget) but with this material. She''s also got other pattersn/colors. The one she is wearing now is a lime green and white striped blend. I just got her a new cutie one at the boutique today with some flowers on a lime background for spring and I got a matching light lime leather leash that goes with both the new collar and the lime one she is wearing now.
9.gif
I''m such a collar sucker!

lightblue.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
I'm not in any position to laugh at dog collar nuts...years ago some 'upscale' lady told me that the ONLY collars/leads worthy of a beloved pooch are the rolled leather ones, probably made by saddle/harness makers. Being the sheep I am, my dogs have worn nothing else since.
20.gif

These online doggie boutiques are a trip...I had no idea that there is so much out there. I found this which perhaps is more suitable for this forum: Collar and slide...14k, .60cts pink sapphires...over 500 bucks....

Mara...doesn't Portia need one?
2.gif

ut7364h.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 8:18:16 PM
Author: widget

I'm not in any position to laugh at dog collar nuts...years ago some 'upscale' lady told me that the ONLY collars/leads worthy of a beloved pooch are the rolled leather ones, probably made by saddle/harness makers. Being the sheep I am, my dogs have worn nothing else since.
20.gif

These online doggie boutiques are a trip...I had no idea that there is so much is out there. I found this which perhaps is more suitable for this forum: Collar and slide...14k, .60cts pink sapphires...over 500 bucks....

Mara...doesn't Portia need one?
2.gif
Well that is cute, but yes, Portia DOES need some bling, haha. Mara love the grosgrain ribbon collars.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Portia does need SOMETHING, I will have to brainstorm on that and make 2006 the year my sweet pup gets diamonds of her own!

In the meantime I got her one of these last year, I want to get another one, they are great. I got her the pink heart one but in silver with pink swarovskis. They totally went up in price this year, I only paid about $35 for it last year.

http://store.ruffn-it.com/jehepetta.html

The next one I get her..I want it to be this bone but with blue crystals in the silver.

http://store.ruffn-it.com/bonepetid.html

One thing I love about these tags is that they can fit up to 4 lines of easily readable text so I can have her name, our full address AND my phone #. As opposed to some of the other tags where you can only fit 3 lines and I hate not being able to put our address and our city just in case she ever got lost and someone wants to return her and can't call us or something.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Callie needs some sparklies too. She is a diva and has been deprived.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The collar I was looking at for Ava comes in a pave version as well....
B0009X2AJ2.01-AT97RPJ3TKOEY._SCLZZZZZZZ_%5B1%5D.jpg

B0009X2AJ2.01-AT97RPJ3TKOEY.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And with matching leads
3.gif

B0009X2AJ2.01-AT97RPJ3TKOEY.PT03._SCLZZZZZZZ_%5B1%5D.jpg

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Mom has diamonds, Ava should have diamonds!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This season it's all about natural/earthy so i would go with raw leather or vegetable colored suede.

Unfortunately for our own dog the main fashion requirement is durability - big chunky stainless steel choker - no fun last season trend.
39.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
What about a collar in a softer, more comfortable fabric?

That''s what I''d be looking for..especially for a small dog.

Blod
35.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Matatora,

Ava needs color. I''d go with the turquoise instead of the black one. Jelly would never wear a black collar because we wouldnt be able to see it against his black fur!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think we are going to go with the Aqua! In case anyone else is intreasted I found them on Amazon.com. Arent they fun?
B0009X0RL0.01-AT97RPJ3TKOEY.PT03._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0009X2AKQ.01-AT97RPJ3TKOEY.PT02._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Colors for the chrome version Pave Color options

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very cute eh?

avasbluebonecolar1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

avasbluebonecolar2.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
She is so cute in her little blue collar!

avasbluebonecolar3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results