shape
carat
color
clarity

Cognac e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Alienor

Rough_Rock
Not sure, this is going to work.
Anyhow, this is a Cognac diamond with white diamonds on the sides.
I recommend people to see brown diamonds in person before saying "yuck, brown". I believe they are absolutely gorgeous and not well known (but i am biased
2.gif
). And yes, they sparkle.
I fell in love with cognac diamonds after seeing Leon Mege''s gorgeous ring. Being brought up in the Cognac region in France, i figure it would be nice to have something to remind me of my country.
I am blabbering when everyone wants to see the pics.

Ps: Usual disclaimers apply (poor lightning, pics don''t do justice and so forth).

Alienor2.JPG

Alienor

Rough_Rock
Did i mention it changes of color depending of the lightning? And it sparkles.
21.gif

Alienor7.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Alienor,

How lovely! Different too ... You are right, it is easy to get caught up with the regular white diamond and forget about the beauty that diamonds in different colors hold. I love yellow diamonds and have seen some gorgeous cognac diamonds but don''t come across them very often. Thanks for sharing your beauty with us.

By the way, I love the sentiment behind your cognac diamond purchase as well ... it''s like having a little bit of home and beauty on your finger at the same time.
21.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing! I think its really great! I just love that setting. I have never really seen cognac diamonds in person, but I will be on the lookout now! Oh, and that does not look small! You fit right in here!
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, a unique diamond AND setting! Lucky you!
36.gif

This is my first glimpse at a Cognac diamond as well, I really like it. And I would have never thought yuck (and didn't) at a brown diamond. Blasphemy!

You have a beautiful, and rather rare ring there, enjoy Alienor!

p.s. That is not small!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe you''ve been hiding this beauty from us! It''s the second cognac diamond I see and it''s just stunning. And it''s certainly not that small... Thanks for sharing!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely and unusual!!! I really like it!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome pics! Beautiful and your stone is not small. I love it; very elegant!

Alienor

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the nice comments.
Compared to the average size diamond on PS (which is probably 1.2 carats), the diamond is small (.67 carat) but i love it. :)

The pictures really don''t do it justice.

Here is the Leon Mege''s ring i was mentioning:
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/data/media/19/r379-000Ww.jpg

It is to die for.

I am thinking about upgrading to a bigger cognac diamond down the road but don''t tell the fiance!
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Love it! What a nice setting!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That Leon is stunning
30.gif

Alienor

Rough_Rock
To show, how really dark it is. Yikes, i am on a roll now. I guess, i just needed a little push. Thanks, Crookedrock.

Alienor8.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and beautiful setting!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks for sharing your beautiful diamond. Silly girl, we love all diamonds here! Your setting is unique and I really like how it sets off the cogniac diamond.
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-it''s so unusual! I''ve never seen a brown diamond before-they''re gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring!
36.gif
I LOVE cognac diamonds and yours has a really nice tone.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Well done
36.gif
You cannot withhold your bling from us!! It simply is not permitted
2.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the stone and the setting. It looks so perfect on your hand.

I too love brown diamonds... Mine is supposed to arrive later next week and I am jonesin'. We'll have to start a "Show us your cognac diamonds" thread!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 1:07:56 PM
Author: Alienor
Thank you for all the nice comments.
Compared to the average size diamond on PS (which is probably 1.2 carats), the diamond is small (.67 carat) but i love it. :)

The pictures really don't do it justice.

Here is the Leon Mege's ring i was mentioning:
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/data/media/19/r379-000Ww.jpg

It is to die for.

I am thinking about upgrading to a bigger cognac diamond down the road but don't tell the fiance!
2.gif
You thought .67ct was too small to post?? Mine's a .50ct! We have a thread for diamonds smaller than 1ct... don't hesitate to post there!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I have never seen a cognac before. The setting is great and unique as well.

See, what did I tell you? Everyone is welcome here!! And we are so glad you brought some diversity to our club!!! One thing though, remember how I said I would razz you about your photography? Well, did you use your poodle as a ring holder in that third image? His hair is really incredible!!
2.gif

Dont'' be shy...keep loading more! §

stacy

Shiny_Rock
I say keep loading more images of your ring too! I keep coming back to drool over the pics you already have posted.

And the setting -- it rocks. Can you tell us more about it? I love the color of the metal, and the finish. Perfection! You should be very, very proud of your beautiful ring!
36.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the color of that stone is awesome! I love how it looks different in EVERY picture you took! I think its a beauty, and by no means small. Wear it proudly.

Now you got me wanting a cognac diamond....darn you.
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That stone is *gorgeous*! I love the champagne/cognac diamonds - I''d love to see a thread dedicated to them.

[hopes that more of them will come out of the woodwork]

I love the asymmetry of your setting - very modern, and very eye-catching! I''d love to hear where you found it ....

Alienor

Rough_Rock
Lol, no poodle. It is the top of my kitty scratching post. She was sitting next to me, looking at me like i was a lunatic. As soon as i was done, she did her famous stripper dance.
I think she used to be a pole dancer, you should see how she spins and spins around her scratching post.

Back to the ring...
1.gif

I have to give credits to my jeweler. I found her name mentioned in the archives of PS and decided to check it out after being desperate to find any cognac diamond anywhere. All the ones shown to me in previous shops, were -sorry to say it but- ugly, very ugly.
For kicks and giggles, me and my fiance(at the times, boyfriend) went to Zales and when i mentioned cognac diamond, she didn''t know what i was talking about. I told her they were brown diamonds and she got all excited while dragging me to a case display.
"We have plenty", she said. I looked down and saw three necklaces with tiny tiny brown diamonds.
32.gif

I told her thanks but no thanks. By that time, my boyfriend was like "are you sure you want a cognac diamond? I am sorry but they don''t look very pretty at all"
40.gif

Which brought me to this local jeweler... I stepped in and a non pushy person helped me. When i told him what i was looking for, he told me they didn''t have any but were willing to have some brought in ASAP for me to look at.
So we looked at settings, i keep going back to that particular setting but the price was more than i wanted my boyfriend to spend. I kept it in the back of my mind and we came back a week later to see the cognac diamonds that were brought in.
OH MY
3.gif
!!!
I couldn''t decide so the husband of jeweler (keep in mind that the jewelry is owned by a couple and that the "salespersons" are the artisans working on the jewelry in the shop in the back of the store)brought the diamonds on the street so i could see them under natural light. I don''t know if it is common but all i could think about was "wow, he is not afraid i am just gonna run away with them?".
At that instant, i knew which diamond i wanted.
41.gif

Now back to the setting, i wanted something classic but not common. But price was something important so i was going to get the most simple setting you can ever find.
But my boyfriend stopped me. He started saying how a satin/brushed finish with white diamonds would help the cognac diamond to stand out. And how it is something i am going to wear the rest of my life, so it better be just the way i like it.
Long story short, i agreed and no regrets. I think he was right with the finish and diamonds on the side.
The funny thing is that now he likes looking at it and say how pretty the cognac diamond is. He was afraid after the Zales experience, they were not sparkly diamonds but was proved wrong.

Pff, that was a long story. :)

It is set in 18k white gold with satin/brushed finish, white diamonds weight is .32ct color F/G VS1 and the cognac diamond is .67 SI1.
The setting was created by the jeweler, she also has the same one without the diamonds on the side.
In a couple of years, when fiance and I can afford it, we will ask her to design a wedding band.
9.gif

I will try to post more rings later. Thank you everyone for the nice compliments.
You are the first to compliment on my ring, even though i have had the ring on my finger for a month.
I love pricescope. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your ring is wonderful--thanks for sharing!!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results