shape
carat
color
clarity

Co-worker issues - update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So a while ago I posted about my co-resident and her wedding. In brief, there are 4 girls in our class. One girl was the bride, and the other 2 were bridesmaids, and I was not invited. Two of these girls I used to hang out with all the time (the bride was one of them). I asked what to do, the advise I got from most of you and other people was to keep my mouth shut....and I did.

Well, here is the update. A week later, I got a mass e-mail inviting everyone (female doctors, nurses, ect) to her bachelorette party. I thought that traditionally, only people invited to the wedding were invited to the other stuff, but it was low key in downtown (not too expensive, the same as a night clubbing with friends), so I did not think too much of it.

Well, about 4 days ago, I got an e-mail from the bride that was a wedding invitation. I was addressed as were 5 other residents. In e-mail was an explanation that she thought she could not invite any friends, but now she has room, and that we could all bring dates. She stated she wanted us to all be there for her big day since we went though so much together. I was not really sure what to make of it. It did make me feel like it was really a space issue, and that maybe I overreacted. Some of my friends have found the last minute e-mail invite more offensive than not being invited at all. I don''t really feel that way.

But, I planned my vacation 2 months ago. And the wedding is 5 days into a week long trip. There is no way I could cut it short, as we are borrowing my BF''s parents''s vacation house. I just found out his mother went out there (a 3 hour drive) and stocked the place full of food for us. She even found out what kind of soda I drink and got that. I am shocked, I was just grateful they were letting us use the house, because with my BF out of a job, we probably couldn''t go anywhere. I am really looking forward to getting away. I am not looking forward to the last minute packing (I am leaving tomorrow).

So I wrote back, and talked to her in person, and explained the situation. She said she understood of course. I told her I wished them a wonderful start to the rest of their lives.

Thanks to all of you that took time to listen to me vent.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad the situation seems to have resolved itself.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Funny how things "work" out. Enjoy your vacation.

cheeers--Sharon

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Have fun on holiday! Your bf parents sound so sweet!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aw Ltl, I''m glad things worked out. I remember your initial post on this, and I have to say, you acted with a great deal of class. I hope you have a great and restful vacation!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad everything worked out in the end. I''m sure the tension will be eased when you go to work. Honestly, I''m glad you weren''t offended by the email invite. I think when people get married, there are budget constraints and all that, so sometimes they can''t invite everyone they want to.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you won''t be able to attend the wedding, but how nice that you were invited after all! Hopefully when you are at work with these ladies, you won''t feel the same sort of negative vibes you were getting before. Your boyfriend''s mom sounds really sweet and thoughtful, too--enjoy your vacation!
1.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i''m glad it worked out and you ended up invited, even if you couldn''t go. sounds like you''re going to have a wonderful vacation
5.gif
and i''m glad you were able to talk with her and hopefully work will be more fun to go to now

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thats great news Ltl, i remember feeling a great deal of anger for you in your first post with the way you were treated, so i am really glad to hear that you held your head high and kept your mouth closed. (sounds to me like she had a change of heart and a case of the guilts?)

Way to go with your boyfriends mum too! Sounds like she really likes you! and that''s much more important than attending a wedding of some so called ''friends''.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it worked out. You will have a great time on your vacation, and this will be one less little naggy thing for you!!
kudos to you for handling everything with maturity and class!
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice words.

Just finishing breakfast and getting ready for the 8 hour drive. Fun stuff....but I need to get out of town

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great that it''s all sorted out and worked out well. Yay for good endings!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think you handled this situation really gracefully! Have fun on your vacay
2.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 10:23:06 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Thanks everyone for the nice words.

Just finishing breakfast and getting ready for the 8 hour drive. Fun stuff....but I need to get out of town

goooooo you enjoy that lovingly stocked soda!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Perfect resolution. I wouldn''t take it as offensive either, space really is a huge issue, I''m in the middle of trying to finalise my guest list and it''s a nightmare. I''m glad there was a resolution to all this, I''m sure work is a lot easier to go to now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results