shape
carat
color
clarity

Co Worker Committed Suicide

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Last Monday I came in to work to find out that a co-worker that I have worked closely with for over 2 years committed suicide. He was so smart and kind and always willing to help. Such a shock!!! And then I found out that before he left work on Friday he finished all his work. Left his keys, combinations etc in a bag addressed to the President of the company. :cry2: :(( Obviously he had this planned out.......and unfortunately he followed through.

I have been in this job for 17 years. This is the 2nd suicide of an employee. :cry2: The 1st was over 10 years ago and this gentleman worked in another office, but I knew him well.

So sad when a person feels they have no other option.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry for your loss. This happened to me at my previous company too. My ex-coworker was a young man who didn’t show up to work one day, and when his Manager called his wife at her workplace, the wife immediately called their babysitter, who said he dropped off their toddler that morning, and seemed normal…but when the wife went home, she found that he had taken his own life after making sure their baby was safe and dropped off at the babysitter…..it was so sad, a 29 year old father of a toddler,

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I’m very sorry to hear of your coworkers’ untimely passing. There’s not much to say in a situation like that, really… almost anything would sound bleak.

Depression is a silent and cruel killer. I wish more people would be aware of that and more people would have access to the therapy and support they need.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
How sad, and what a terrible shock that must be for you @Taylorbug! to have worked closely with someone and have them gone in an instance.
My condolences.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awful.

My bestie is a psychiatric doctor working in mental health & she says those who talk about suicide or threaten to do it, never actually do. They are just crying out for help. The ones who do actually do it are the ones who plan silently. Once their decision is made, the less upset the better, for friends, for family & even the person who is ending their life. They don’t want intervention. That’s why it’s always such a shock & nobody sees it coming.

Huge condolences to you & to his loved ones. It is so sad to think that in this day & age, with all our understanding of mental health & the facilities out there to help, people still see suicide as the only way out :cry2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @Taylorbug! ...I can only imagine how upsetting this would be. I wish you peace and comfort during these trying times.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Taylorbug, I'm very sorry you're going through this. It makes you question everything. God help the families.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss @Taylorbug!. Take care of each other, my thoughts are with you all and his poor family.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awful.

My bestie is a psychiatric doctor working in mental health & she says those who talk about suicide or threaten to do it, never actually do. They are just crying out for help. The ones who do actually do it are the ones who plan silently. Once their decision is made, the less upset the better, for friends, for family & even the person who is ending their life. They don’t want intervention. That’s why it’s always such a shock & nobody sees it coming.

Huge condolences to you & to his loved ones. It is so sad to think that in this day & age, with all our understanding of mental health & the facilities out there to help, people still see suicide as the only way out :cry2:

I know 3 people who each have attempted suicide 3 times. One of them reminds me every so often that he contemplates it all the time. Your post makes sense to me. Bc the one person who actually killed himself, shocked the heck out of all of us.
I know not to pain folks with a broad brushstroke and all, but it is reassuring to hear this insight for those 3 folks.
On the other hand, now I fear that one day I could wake up to yet another shock from loved ones that never gave clues.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is awful.

In my opinion this day and age IS the problem! People don't commit suicide when they have to carry water from miles down the dirt road, they do it when they sit and work in cubicles for decades.
We are connected to our environment, we are meant to move our bodies, if our environment is the same 4 walls, we lose it...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Taylorbug! I hope everyone supports each other as they grieve the loss of their friend. It‘s a terrible loss.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this! Take care.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results