shape
carat
color
clarity

CNN - Bling Bling Trends

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Kenny,

I came across that first article this morning. It reflects trends we are seeing. This from Cartier in NY:

"Diamonds between one and two carats are the most popular, however stones up to five carats have become much more popular for engagements in the past several years," said Karl Tapps, assistant manager at the Cartier Fifth Avenue boutique in Manhattan.

I'd just add that average diamond size varies regionally. For instance, our senior gemologist has been around a long time. When he sold in CA years ago the 1ct mark was the target. Now it's much larger there, and we commonly send 2 and 3cts to the New York area. In the midwest the average size is smaller than on the coasts, especially in rural areas, but in most places even college students now consider 1ct a nominal size.

PS: The link was not live on my monitor, so here it is if anyone else has trouble.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not seeing it here in the midwest .25-.50 is still the top seller for e-rings.
Just the other day I was talking to a jeweler and he confirmed that is still the case.
Closer to Chicago it might be larger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results