shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudy film on diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a bit concerned because lately there's been a sort of cloudy film on the surface of my diamond that looks like soap scum. I always take off my ring when I moisturize or wash my hands so it couldn't be either of those two things. I even changed the cleaning solution in my Ultrasonic from warm water, a few sprays of Windex, and a tiny bit of Dawn to just warm water and ammonia because I was worried that there was soap on my diamond. Unfortunately it hasn't really helped. Immediately after I clean or rub the surface of my diamond it looks better, but then 10 mins later the film is back. Thanks so much!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Pg, it probably is soap scum or lotion. Even though you don''t realize it, lotion does not all absorb, and it will grungy up (technical term) your sparkly. Take it in to the jewelers for a super US and have them steam it also. This should help.

shay

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Shay, thanks for your response! I''m also bumping this to see if anyone has additional feedback.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Do you use hair products? My friend experienced the same thing as you, and found out it was from her leave-in conditioner (or Biosilk, etc.). I guess just running her fingers through her hair did it.

Now, the BEST trick I''ve learned for cleaning rings came from this thread--it''s Red Devil Lye. Just be VERY VERY VERY cautious when using it!

I''d see if that works
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results