shape
carat
color
clarity

cloudy diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beauty

Rough_Rock
I have looked at many round brilliant stones around 1 ct lately. I was told by one jeweller that the cloud effect that I have often seen through is due to the light dispersing through one or more inclusions . This is only noticeable at a side angle. I don''t know if an S1 or S2 is for me as any VS hasn''t done this. I thought a tiny nearly eye clean inclusion shouldn''t effect any larger area than it covered. Latest one that I saw this in:
0.9 ct, depth 62% table 56% crown angle 35% pav 40.1% ideal cut H&A.
Thanks for any help.
34.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
gIA''s latest research found observable reduction in fire in diamonds at SI2 and lower where the cloud was the determining feature of the clarity grade (i.e. there were no other inclusions to speak of - and nothing else would be on the plot.)

beauty

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply.
The stone was an S2. The dealer said you won''t be able to tell the difference between it and the F VS2 she showed me but I could and the F stone was $3000 more.
If it had been S1 would it be less likely to have a cloud?
Is the dispersion of light from just a few tiny inclusions story likely to have any validity?
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif
Insert smilie
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results