shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloth Diapers?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, LC, here's what I have, and here's what it retails for. I know you are only interested in the GN stuff but I thought I'd just list it all to keep it straight:

Covers:
Thirsties Duo Wrap, Size 1 (6 to 18 lbs.), Rose with snaps, NWT, $12.75
Thirsties Duo Wrap, Size 1, Owls with snaps, NWT, $12.75
Rumparooz NB Cover (4 to 12 lbs.), Lux, NWT, $10
Bummis Super Whisper Wrap NB (7 to 10 lbs.), White, NWT $11.95

Fitteds:
Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted Size 1 with snaps, ocean blue, NWT $17
Thirsties Duo Fab Fitted Size 1 with aplix, orchid, NWT $17

Prefolds:
6 Bummis Organic Cotton Prefolds, prepped but never used, $18/3 each
1 Diaper Rite white prefold, unprepped, $2
1 Diaper Rite unbleached prefold, unprepped $2

Snappis:
1 pink $3.50
1 seafoam green $3.50

So anyway, I know you don't want the girly stuff. Here's what I'll ask for each GN thing:

1 wrap, $9 ppd (PPD means including shipping and delivery confirmation)
2 wraps, $16 ppd
2 wraps and a snappi, $18 ppd
2 wraps, a snappi, and a fitted $27 ppd
2 wraps, a snappi, and the 8 prefolds, $36 ppd*
2 wraps, a snappi, a fitted, and 8 prefolds $45 ppd*

*At this point, I think I'll have to use a flat rate box.

I'm going to list it for a little higher on DS to give myself some wiggle room and see what the market will bear, but these are your prices if you want them. I'll update here when I get it posted there and tell you how to find it.

newborncoversfittedspfsjan12.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow PhG that's a pretty nice package. If it's alright with you, I'll take option 5: 2 wraps, a snappi, and 8 pre-folds. Let me know how to find you on DS, I'm not sure what we're allowed/not allowed to do on PS, so we can just sort everything out on DS.

LV, I think I registered for the BumGenius sprayer. Good to know if I don't get it to just get a generic one off eBay. For the water shut off, you should see a valve coming out of the wall by the base of the toilet. You just use that to turn it off. I'll try to take a picture when I get home from work today. It's pretty easy.

Oh and the Modern Cloth lady suggested for the meconium poop, to wipe the baby's butt with some olive oil to help with clean up the next diaper change. I thought I'd pass that along to any new/first time moms here. I also double checked with her and she said that meconium should not stain diapers, and they come out in the wash much like breastfed poop does.

I do hear "babies are different, pregnancies are different, l&d are different". In my head, my "different baby" will mean that he only cries when he needs something, sleeps 12 hours a night from day 1 and is cute as a button. Hey, a girl can dream right? I fully expect this not to be the case, btw...

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LC - Well we do know he's going to be cute as a button! The rest is TBD! :lol: Never heard about the olive oil before. The DS ladies LOVE coconut oil, which they now sell at TJ's by the way. It's sold in a solid form, but I don't think it's all of that. They use it as an all-over moisturizers and also on baby's bum. It does not help with rashes, so not sure why they use it, actually. We have to run a humidifier to prevent dry skin. Thanks for the tips about the shut-off valve. I was able to find it, just couldn't get it to turn! DH reported today that it is now installed, so I'm very happy about that! I'll let you know if the ebay cheapie version works out.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
LC, they're on their way via UPS ground. USPS kept changing the second to last digit of your zip code to a 4. WTF? I googled your address and saw that you had indeed entered your zip code correctly (of course), so that was annoying. So it's coming UPS instead.

I also sold another cover and a fitted, so now I just have one fitted and one cover, both Thirsties size 1. I might as well give them a try, right? ;-) A fitted might come in handy if we have a heavy pee-er or explosive pooper. I'll leave the listing up but I'm not going to bump it or reduce the price or anything.

Also, I know this isn't the right thread for this, but we just got our double stroller. It's the Mountain Buggy Plus One. Our local cloth diaper store called it in for us like I think I mentioned (since it cost more to buy locally), but it was nice to get to try it out and they're assembling it for us now. DH broke his collarbone and we just had to break down 6 weeks' worth of recycling since we missed the last two recycling days, so the convenience alone is worth a little more. We don't have to figure out how to assemble it or deal with the box or anything. Now I have to sell our urban stroller and our jogger on CL (this will do double duty for both).

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PhG, let me know (on this thread or any of the others) what you think about the new stroller. I think we'll get a Bob off CL, but was also thinking about the Mtn Buggy.

Anyway, I found out a two more of my friends (more like "friend" than "Friend," if you know what I mean) do cloth dipes, so my CDv circle is a little bigger than i thought. Of course the PS font of knowledge is my go to resource as well. But it's good to know that there's other folks that have BTDT too. A lot of them said they husbands just went along with everything so hopefully it'll be the same way with J.

PhG, thanks for sending everything out. I'll let you know when I get them. I'm kinda excited. Hee hee!

~LC

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
LC, glad you have a wider circle than you thought! It's funny; we had friends who CDed their son immediately who is the same age as Claire, and we thought it was kind of weird. Then right around when I stopped working around 8-9 months, my sister bought 12 used BumGenius AIOs off of CL for her 3rd, who was a month older than Claire. She said after three kids that she thought she should reduce her trash output. Seeing my sister do it made it a lot less weird/intimidating, plus now I was SAH and thought, hey, why not . . . And the rest is history. ;-) Our best friends' son was born around the same time that I started CDing, and they CD too (she's the one with the gross diapers who is expecting 4 months after me).

We live in a smaller, somewhat conservative city, and as a result the more liberal people tend to live in the city city. I'm in a playgroup of city moms, and practically everyone CDs, babywears, cosleeps, etc. I'm also in a playgroup of suburban moms, and none of them do. Funny how it works out that way. We're somewhere in the middle.

As for husbands, well, if they don't get used to doing diapers any other way, then they don't even have anything to compare it to. I haven't CDed a newborn yet but other than the washing/prepping (which I do 99% of the time - there are subtle differences between all my inserts that only I can tell) it's really no harder. You're supposed to dump the poop in the toilet even with a disposable (although most people don't know/do this . . . ew). And you don't have to worry about that until they start solids anyway, at which point you'll already be used to CDs.

ETA: BOB vs. Mountain Buggy. We have the sport utility BOB with the fixed wheel (so maybe if I had the Revolution I'd have a better opinion of it), but my perception is that the BOB is a good choice if you are a serious runner who wants a stroller dedicated to running. The storage basket is hard to get to, there are no cup holders (unless you get this attachment that velcros across the handlebar), and the child sits very high. I would hate it if it were my everyday stroller. I'm much more impressed with the Mountain Buggy for the storage and feel, but the wheels are a little smaller and it's probably not quite as easy to push as the BOB when running (haven't tried yet, though, but it does feel like it would push and handle great, certainly enough for my running needs).

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey PhG,

We live in the city, and you don't really see a lot of "crunchy granola" people, a lot of city-yuppie-high powered folks. We got weird looks during our L&D class when I said we're using a midwife. It's funny because we're no where NEAR the crunchy granola types. DH is an engineer and I'm in software. But then if you hear us talking about midwives and cloth diapers, I'm sure people are picturing us being totally crunchy granola. LOL!

I gotta admit I'm a little scared when the baby starts on solids....

LV, how is the diaper sprayer? Glad your DH was able to get it installed. I"m the handier one between the two of us. Even though DH is a Mechanical Engineer. It's kinda funny.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LC, you're going to love the sprayer. Exercise caution at first because there is A LOT of water pressure behind that thing! Solids aren't bad either but the sprayer comes in handy the most then because their poo gets kinda sticky. Now that N is older, most of his poops can be dumped into the toilet but I usually spray anyway.

Speaking of diapers...off to wash a load. Yay for a 3 day weekend!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, LV, how did you live without a diaper sprayer!? Maybe little S just has perfect poo, lol! We've always had to spray poo diapers, always. Our diaper sprayer actually broke last week and it was a horrible few days before we got another one on CL. Thank goodness for CL since my Amazon Mom Prime just ended.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
... and I thought the CDing mamas would appreciate this. Those Blueberry folks did a really good job with tag placement. It's always obvious when O is in a Blueberry.

:cheeky:

IMG_2488.jpg

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Cute pic, Kunzite!

I just bought a second-hand Little Squirt on eBay - I can't imagine doing cloth nappies without rinsing out poos and having a bidet thingy will make it so much easier. Did any of you ladies use nappy liners even for EBF poos? My mum did back in the day, she found it helped even though the poos were pretty liquid.

My newborn/small stash is complete! Will take photos at some stage. It is kind of huge! That said, I should be able to get away with washing every 2-3 days which is a good thing.

Prefolds:
6 stretchy bamboo Dappy prefolds (newborn size)
4 stretchy bamboo Iish-Fly prefolds (a little larger)

Flats:
12 bamboo terry flats (60cm x 60cm)

Fitteds:
2 Disana organic cotton fitteds
4 Disana knit tie-ons
3 Nature Babies cotton terry
2 Nature Babies bamboo

Covers (went a bit overboard here):
1 Disana velcro wool wrap
2 Imse Vimse wool wraps
2 Weehuggers
2 Thirsties XS
2 Imse Vimse soft organic
Also have a knitted Disana soaker for later once she's sleeping longer periods

Pockets:
2 GAD fleece-lined
4 Applecheeks
1 Hiney Liney with 3 snap-in liners

AIOs
2 Bambooty Easy Nights (have 3 micro/bamboo booster flaps)
8 Bambooty Easy Dry (have 2 booster flaps)
3 Bambooty Easy Peasy (boosters/liners built into the nappy)

The rest of my stash is now stored away in boxes for later. I'd better follow through with this CDing thing now that I have so many!!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
[Whispers] I don't have a diaper sprayer. We need to resolve a water pressure/finicky flushing problem with our upstairs toilet first. When necessary, I just hold the diaper from each end and swirl.

Pancake, we need a stash pic! :naughty: I can't wait to hear how you like everything.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Okay, DH and I are now 95% sure we will be using CDs. But I have been reading as much as I can over the last couple of days and I am soooo confused about where to start, what brands to buy but most of all, what kind to use, how many to buy and what I should do when bubs is a newborn!

I think I am leaning towards combining AIO and fitted/covers. I like the idea of AIO as they seem less finicky, same with the fitted/covers. I am not so keen on prefolds I think.

I have kind of noticed that AIO's/fitteds aren't used as often as prefolds. Is that because of cost, or do they not work as well?

However, I have no idea what the difference is between pockets and all in twos? Could someone explain that to me? Is there a benefit to using pockets or AI2's as opposed to AIO?

I have come across a few WAHM's selling CDs, but from what I have read most of you have used brand names. Is it worth looking into the WAHMs or is it too risky?

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I am never sure about linking to other pages! But anyway, what do you think of these pockets: http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-baby-maternity-kids-stuff-baby-clothing-Little-Whoopsies-Modern-Cloth-Nappies-W0QQAdIdZ344468801

If you go to that link, there is another link to their page on the site that must not be named which has more info about them. They are super cute and super cheap at $8 each with an insert. So they look like a good deal, but is there a catch that I am not seeing?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Bobbin, I'm no where near an "expert" as some of the mamas here, but pre-folds are pretty popular (especially with newborns) because they're very cheap and if CDing fails you can always use them as burp cloths etc. Newborns are so tiny, they most likely would not fit into normal one-size diapers. Pre-folds can be used the same as fitteds, inside a cover, but you have to fold them up and maybe snap them closed. One of my friends just folded it into the cover, but just changed often.

Also if you use a diaper service, they'll most likely give you pre-folds for washing and you just use covers.

As far as WAHM diapers, I say if you see something you like, that's not so much $$ then go for it. A lot of diapering seems like it's trial & error as your baby is much different from other people's, so you just have to see what works for you.

Good luck. And I'm totally in the same shoes.

I don't know the difference between pockets/AI2s. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
pancake - That is quite the stash!! I'm looking forward to a picture!

pg - When we were visiting family and last week when the sprayer broke that's what we did too..... it just doesn't seem to get much off! I think my kid just has super sticky poo!

bobbin - Welcome to the dark side! I can't answer all of your questions, but I can tell you why I chose my stash. We decided to do prefolds/covers at first instead of fitteds/covers because I honestly don't see the benefit of a fitted over a prefold. You need a cover for both, and both take a little bit of time to put on the baby. The only difference to me is the price, and when you look at the price of buying fitteds over prefolds it gets crazy expensive. Add covers to that and you've got a costly diapering system. We chose pockets over AIOs because I'd rather choose the absorbancy. Some AIOs also have a pocket if you need more coverage, and those would probably work for us, but the straight AIOs would not work for us at all. Our night pocket diaper has four layers of inserts so it can last through the night! Some AIO have the wet part of the insert next to the baby's skin which I don't like, I like the fleece getting rid of most of the moisture. Some AIOs are also completely sewn shut which means they take forever to dry, as opposed to removing the insert from a pocket so it can dry faster. There are a lot of different AIOs though so some of this might not apply to all of them. I just see pockets as the perfect solution to everything. An added bonus is that LO loves to help me stuff diapers. He mostly throws them around the room and messes up my piles, but it's an awful lot of fun :love:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bobbin, Pancake is in Australia and has been acquiring quite the stash. Hopefully she can point you to some good places to buy.

It seems to me that a lot of cloth diaper users turned to cloth out of cost savings necessity, so they're more likely to use prefolds. (You should see how people whine on FB when something goes wrong with trying to buy a special sale "grab bag" of diapers for $1 each, or a retailer ends a free diaper with purchase promotion . . . they act like they're entitled to free diapers or something!) But all the different non-prefold options tell me that there's quite a market for more expensive, simpler options.

I use pocket diapers, but I have some AIOs waiting for my newborn. The upshot is that they dry a lot faster than AIOs because the absorbent inner part comes out. When I prepped my AIOs, I wasn't used to having to devote so much dryer time. I can't imagine them line drying except on a hot, dry day.

AI2s are similar, except that you don't stuff the absorbent part into a pocket; you lay it inside the diaper. It's very similar to a cover system with prefolds or flats except that it comes with its own special insert that snaps or tucks in. I don't think you have to change the cover every time if it's just pee, so you would get additional soakers. The inserts have to be made with something that's safe to go against baby's skin -- the microfiber inserts that most pockets use can't be put right next to the skin.

Both pockets and AI2s will dry a lot faster than AIOs, and as Kunzite mentioned you can adjust the absorbency, but they have extra steps involved. AIOs are for people who just want to throw them in the wash and the dryer and be done with them. Honestly, I like stuffing pockets. It's so easy compared to regular laundry folding and you have a cute little pile when you're done.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bobbin! I bought 100% of my stash online, about half locally and the rest from the States. US sites that I have liked include Figure 8 (for Charlie Banana and BumGenius - they also stock Kawaii and prefolds; I also bought a lot of my maternity gear there), Planet Bambini and I have also bought from Hiney Lineys (direct from the WAHM who runs it). It is really about finding places that have reasonable shipping costs. In the UK, Twinkle on the Web is great and has an excellent range. Locally, I have bought the most from Nurture Nappies (based in FNQ; they have good sales and promotional codes, good customer service and an excellent range) and The Dappy Shop, which makes bamboo prefolds and flats as well as stocking some basic covers and accessories. Darlings Down Under is also very good, and I have browsed but not bought from Booty Crawl and The Nappy Bucket. My Bambooty stash has come from a mix of a) the Bambooty website (they have just had a post-Christmas clearance sale), b) BrandsExclusive (they had a flash sale a couple of months ago) and c) DailyBabyBuys (which has "Nappy Tuesday") every week. Another cheap way to try things out is www.usednappies.com.au,, or eBay.

Re AI2s and pockets - I have bought both. I like that AI2s don't require stuffing, but to me it seems much of a muchness - that said, I haven't used them yet! I bought flats, prefolds and covers for the first few months as I wanted some options that would dry quickly and adjust to the rapid growth of that time, although I also have about 10 Bambooty AIOs for then. I came to fitteds quite late but suspect that I will quite like them as they are a little less fussy than flats and prefolds and also quite trim.

One thing I am very keen on is wool covers - I like the idea of natural fibres next to baby's skin around the edges and they are apparently bullet-proof when used properly, plus most of the wool covers I've bought don't have traditional elastic around the legs, rather they have ribbed knit wool trims (they are Disana).

Re what to buy before starting - I just bought a bit of everything! My stash for later on is not so big yet and consists mostly of one-size pockets so far, but I figured that by then I'd know what I like and buy up accordingly!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for their input, particularly pancake, those links were great!

I decided that I do want to give fitteds a try, but will use some prefolds too.

At the moment I am thinking for newborn we will have 12 newborn sized diapers and 12 OSFM, and supplement with disposables in the really little newborn stage if necessary.

I now have coming my way:
5 x Kissaluvs cotton newborn fitted
5 x Kissaluvs contour OSFM
3 x Cushie Tushie Chameleon OSFM

I am going to buy 2 Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, or the Bummis Super Brite, as I have read they are good to use with the kissaluvs fitted. I am not sure whether to get newborn or small size though? It says newborn is for babies sized 7-10lbs and small is for babies sized 8-15 lbs. I was thinking it would be better to get small as there isn't much difference between the lower weights of the two sizes? Has anyone used these wraps for a newborn before?

I am also going to buy some prefolds and some more covers for the newborn stage, as well as some sized AIO's.

Pancake: The wool covers (soakers?) I have seen look a little weird to me, but I like the idea of them for at night. Do you have any links to the ones you liked?

DH thinks I am going a bit crazy buying so many diapers today! I told him it was only just the beginning...

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Re newborn covers, it depends on the make I think. www.greenmountaindiapers.com doesn't ship to Australia but has EXCELLENT use/sizing info on all their stock which should help you out a bit. My smallest covers are the Weehuggers snapped down to the smallest setting, followed by a Motherease Rikki (which is very trim but higher rise). Then the Thirsties and Bumboo XS. I will be using some flats as well as prefolds and fitteds so figured it would be good to have some roomier and some trimmer covers.

My wool covers:

Disana wool velcro wrap
Disana red knitted soaker - this is probably the "weird looking" one you've seen but the ribbing is SO soft and for longer sleeps overnight I think it will be fantastic. Apparently bulletproof when used properly! I got mine for about $20 from Twinkle.
Imse Vimse wool cover - bought two more or less new on eBay for $35 (for both)

ETA: not sure why my links are not working! But you should be able to cut and paste the URLs.

ETA (again!): I have bought mostly bamboo prefolds - they feel so soft and lush! Mine are Iish-Fly, Dappy and Baby Safari (all Australian). But I know most people use standard cotton muslin prefolds with no issues.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
LC, did you get the package? :) Would you mind giving me feedback when you get a chance? If I destash later on DiaperSwappers I want as much feedback as possible.

My free one size diaper from Kelly's Closet was a Kawaii. That's fine, but I read they used to give away nicer diapers like FuzziBunz, plus I spent more than double the minimum for a free diaper, so I kind of hoped they wouldn't send me the cheapest one they have. Free is free, though. It's cut almost identically to my cheap Diaper Rite pockets which I really like, but the Diaper Rite ones seem more finished and less cheap to me, for whatever reason.

This is almost a little off topic, but DD has always liked fuzz and hair. 4 months PP when all my lustrous pregnancy hair fell out, we would always find her with it wrapped around her fingers or in her mouth. Since then we've just compensated by not leaving her with fuzzy blankets, animals or dolls with hair, etc. There has always been fuzz here and there in her dirty diapers, but not very much, and the pedi just said to keep an eye on it. Anyway, in the last couple of weeks we started noticing hair, but I thought she just found it around the house. Then we noticed a patchy spot on the top of her head! She's been pulling her hair and eating it!!! :cry: We're seeing the pedi on Monday, but until then I've been putting bandaids on her thumbs while she is sleeping and it seems to have stopped. No further hair loss than we can tell, plus her diapers have had no hair. So anyway, I'm glad that we are using CDs because if I just threw her dirty diapers in the trash like most people, I don't think I would have noticed this so quickly. It also makes me glad we haven't potty trained yet so we can keep checking until we get some professional insight on how to discourage this.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PhG, I just got the package yesterday! Thanks. I'll leave some awesome feedback on DS for you. ;-) Aw, bummer Kelley's Closet cheaped out on you, but hopefully these Kawaii dipes will prove to be totally awesome once you use them. Hm, not sure what advice to give about DD's new habit. Maybe you can put mittens on her at night/during naps. She probably doesn't realize she's doing it, kind of like a nervous tick. Has anything changed recently, like removing the pacifier or anything?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LC!!!

We are seeing the pedi on Monday so I hope to have more answers then. But my initial suspicion is that her main interest is eating fuzz and hair, NOT pulling it. I don't think she's done it since we discovered it, talked about it, and started doing the bandaids on the thumbs. She refers to the patchy spot as a "boo boo" that she needs to go to the doctor for, and today she showed me how she could "love" and "hug" her hair by patting it. So she seems to get it, as far as I can tell. She loves bandaids, but we can't get her to keep mittens on outside so I highly doubt she would wear them to bed but they don't seem to be necessary at this point.

No, no pacifier removal or anything (she stopped taking one at eight months when she got her first tooth). We did move her to her big girl room and toddler bed this week, but I think this preceded that. She may sense that the baby is coming, but from what I can tell she's interested and (at least for now) excited about the baby. There was a brief period when she would ignore us when we talked about the baby a couple of months ago, but now she talks about showing the baby her markers, sitting in the double stroller with the baby, etc. This morning I told her the baby had the hiccups, and she said the baby had a little mouth. And a big tooth. I said, I hope not!!!!! ;))

So my hunch is that this is about her weird love of putting fuzz and hair in her mouth, and that she suddenly discovered, hey, there's all this hair on top of my head -- so not necessarily something she does for the sake of it, but as a means of obtaining hair. Why she loves putting hair in her mouth . . . well, that's what I want the pedi to help us with!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I have beomce a little bit addicted to buying diapers..

In the last week I have bought:
5 x kissaluvs fitted newborn
5 x kissaluvs contour OSFM
6 small AI2 (not sure of brand)
1 mediume AI2 (not sure of brand)
3 x cushie tushie AI2 OSFM
2 x newborn bumnis super wrap
2 x small wool longies (they are super cute! http://www.etsy.com/transaction/700...edium=trans_email&utm_campaign=purchase_buyer and http://www.etsy.com/transaction/700...edium=trans_email&utm_campaign=purchase_buyer )

I have a question though.. I have 5 newborn fitted and 5 OSFM contour nappies. I am going to buy some prefolds too, but I am not sure whether it would be worth buying newborn sizes seeing as I already have the 5 fitted in newborn size? Should I just skip the newborn sized prefolds and go straight to infant sized?

Does anyone use prefolds in a tri-fold into a wrap cover?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Bobbin, I have zero experience (well, with modern cloth anyway - I helped my mum cloth nappy my siblings though!) but bounding enthusiasm :lol: So take what I say with a generous grain of salt, but I did buy some newborn prefolds because a) newborns are teeny tiny! and b) after the fact (of buying them) I have found that they fit very nicely as inserts for small pocket and hybrid nappies. My Dappy Shop prefolds are by far the smallest, and I only bought 6 of those. I then have 6 Iish-Fly and 6 Baby Safari prefolds - one of the brands I bought in size small, the other in size large, but they are exactly the same size!

I looked around on some other forums and many of them suggested that it was worth buying at least a few NB prefolds as having to fold down bigger ones made them bulky - and that the NB prefolds made good inserts/boosters for later.

If I had not bought so many small Bambooty AIOs then I think I probably would have bought more NB prefolds. As it is I have the prefolds, a dozen Dappy flats (which I will definitely use in the early period), about 8 small fitteds and the AIOs.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LC, I think the sprayer is good. I'm glad I got a generic one. I wonder if any of them give a more direct flow of water, like the attachment for an outdoor hose, when you have it on the super-concentrated flow. This one has a lot of pressue, but a lot of water comes out too. Sort of akin to the soaker on the hose attachment, but with MORE pressue. Did you get one at your shower?

Just a general PSA that there are a few sellers selling NEW baby legs on DS right now (in the children's section). Just in case anyone (PG, ::cough::, ::cough::), is in need of some new shopping pursuits. I ordered some at way lower than retail, and I just love 'em!

Oh, one more thing, if anyone is considering CJ's butter in the stick form, SKIP IT and stick with the jar. The stuff in the jar is nice and soft, like a cream. The stuff in the stick is like chapsick gone awry. The entire product is stuck up into the top of the lid, and it is not soft enough to actually glide on baby like the magic stick.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies...dipping a curious toe in here. I'm due in June with my first and am thinking about CD, but wondering if any of you do CD at home, and disposables at daycare? The daycare we are using (we had to decide already since they fill up fast around us!) will not CD. I know it won't be as cost effective to do it this way, but wondering if it's still doable or just too complicated. Thanks!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, that's a tough one, Stephb0lt. Is that a definte no, or do you think it's possible that they could be persuaded to try it? Maybe it's so competitive there, that they don't feel like they need to offer CD'g because they know there will be demand anyway? If your LO will be in daycare for 5 days, then I'd be reluctant to CD part-time just because of the investment involved. Maybe you could CD full-time during the newborn months before you go back to work? I'm think since you would have a newborn sized set of CDs, then you'd likely need the next size up by the time daycare starts, so you could just transition to disposables then, or if you're really loving cloth, then you can make your final decision then.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Steph! I'm with LV on this one. I would first talk to the director of the daycare and have a discussion about their "rule". When we started at our dc the rule was to change cloth diapers every hour! The reason was that they were obviously referring to flats/prefolds and hadn't really updated their policy to be more modern. Perhaps your dc is similar in that they've not really considered modern cloth diapers. If you're using pockets/AIOs then it's absolutely no different than a disposable so I'd be a little miffed at my dc. So it's worth a shot to at least bring a diaper in and have the discussion. I probably wouldn't CD part time. During the week that would amount to one diaper a day for us. Then said diaper would either sit dirty in the pail until the weekend (yuck) or you would need to run a load of laundry for two/three diapers. That doesn't seem like a lot of benefit. The other thing that would annoy me is that your LO's clothes would fit different during the week compared to the weekend. We had LO in disposables for two days once and none of his pants would stay on! The kid has no booty and the only reason he can keep pants on is because his diaper is so bulky!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results