shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning with Rubbing Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
In a pinch I''ve started using a baby toothbrush and alcohol - brushing the top and in between prongs, followed by drying with a soft cloth. Is this harmful to the diamond, platinum or rhodium plating on the platinum? What about on my studs with white gold setting?

Nothing beats a good professional steam at my jeweler''s, but this is working for me when time is limited.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubbing alcohol is fine, should not damage anything. Do a search for "rubbing alcohol" and you''ll come up with a ton of threads on the very same subject. The jist of those is that it will not damage the metals, and is definitely good for cleaning diamonds. Take care in what kind of abrasive (polishing cloth, brush, etc.) you use to scrub as those can scratch the metals in your rings, though. Also you might consider investing in a moderately priced steamer or ultrasonic cleaner (or both) for your diamond/sapphire/ruby jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results