shape
carat
color
clarity

Cleaning products for marble?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone here have experience caring for marble table/counter-tops or floors? DH and I just got a new dining table that has a marble tile top, and I''d like to avoid wasting money while trying to find a good cleaner for it. I want something that is designed for marble/granite so that it won''t damage the finish or cause buildup, because I''m quickly learning that just plain water won''t effectively clean up the finger prints and marks/spills that come from daily use (even with place mats and coasters). Just a quick search online turns up lots of brands but almost no reviews. If you have any favorite products, I''d love to hear about them!
1.gif

Camille

Shiny_Rock
MY #1 time-saving cleaner from CM supply ' Lemon Clean' [no rinse cleaner with optical brightener] Its a powerful cleaner that safely removes heel marks & spills leaving a 'wax' look w/o using wax on our marble floors, walls and tables, it's concentrated so a gallon lasts over a year [3oz cleaner for @ gallon of cold water] just love it!
My second favorite 'Marbashine' ® by SCI liter size, maintains good polish but you need more elbow grease to obtain good polish can be bad for pets
8.gif

Third and avail everywhere for the kitchen: 'Granite Gold Cleaner' [blue] & 'Granite Gold Polish' [purple] together the can maintain Marble, travertine, tile and limestone tuned up.
Good Luck.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Camille!!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
You''re welcome
emteeth.gif

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I like to use Method Daily Granite Polish. I get it at Target. I use it to clean our granite counter tops and it works well! I also like that it''s natural and safe for pets.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
DH just bought a special grinder from China. He is going to try and refinish our marble countertops himself. He is a handy guy for sure, but this is big.. We tried many products - they don''t work. Marble etches and stains, I like the worn look, but DH wants it pristine again.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 1:48:40 AM
Author: Rachie
I like to use Method Daily Granite Polish. I get it at Target. I use it to clean our granite counter tops and it works well! I also like that it''s natural and safe for pets.

I use this too, and its does a nice job of cleaning my granite. You might want to buy a separate polish too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results