shape
carat
color
clarity

Classic Tiffany 6 prong setting -OR- Rose Bud Style - Tacori setting for a 3 carat diamond engagemen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, i reallllly love the look of a big RB with the tapered side baguettes. very classic and gorgeous!

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, pete: i just came across this pic in another one of kayla's posts. (hope you don't mind kayla!) looks like a w-band does fit pretty well against her split prong solitaire setting! and i have to say, a set like this might be PERFECT for you--a stunning 3c RB with those gorgeous, elegant claw prongs, and a bling-y shared prong w-band for added umph. perfection! it's utter perfection.

113_1332%20(2).JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Pete,

You are getting LOTS of great ideas here!!! I love the split prong look... 4 sets of "twin" or "double" prongs, for a total of 8 prongs. Really holds the stone well, and I love the look of it, especially with round stones.

Those claw prongs are GORGEOUS, mmmm! And so are the little heart prongs mentioned. They are adorable! You can cruise through SMTR and see some examples of the heart prongs.

I think you can have a simple, classic, timeless ring - but jazz it up a bit with something unusual with the head or the prongs. IMHO -- PERFECT!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Lynn

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/7/2004 11:22:25 PM reena wrote:

........... another favorite (by michael b at www.pearlmansjewelers.com; there's also a thinner one-sided pave version of this i think). i saw someone wearing this ring (or else one almost exactly like it) at a restaurant on my recent trip to san diego (i only mention cause it's your general area) and i almost choked on my cajun chicken sandwich.

03P18.jpg

----------------

That's the most gorgeous setting I've seen for a long time Reena, but the cost ......... would be just a little on the high side for my pocket! I was especially interested to see that the prongs are flat and squarish, instead of the usual rounded shape. My newest solitaire has prongs exactly like this and I thought when I saw them that they were very stylish - nice to see them on such a high ticket designer setting too.

21.gif

My own e-ring has a thin pave set band and it makes the diamond look huge. Mine's only a 2ct stone (I never though I'd ever say 'only 2cts') so what a 3ct stone would look like with a really slim band is mind boggling!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Tiffany six prong setting in "Show Me the Ring." The stone is 4.10 and I love it. I got it from Whiteflash. Whiteflash now has the Tiffany replica in two styles. Mine is the better one and it looks just like Tiffany's setting.

You can probably find the photos under my name. If not, it is listed under something like 4.10 Whiteflash. Great experience.

"Just received my 4+ carat Whiteflash ring.Great experience."

If you look under my name,Solange, on Show me the ring, you can see several pictures of my ring in the classic Tiffany six prong setting. I don't know how to post it here but if anyone does, please feel free to do so. I hope this will be helpful in getting an idea of how a large stone looks in the Tiffany six prong setting. Whiteflash has an excellent version for about $1,000.

reena

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/10/2004 5:26:16 PM Bagpuss wrote:

----------------

On 10/7/2004 11:22:25 PM reena wrote:

........... another favorite (by michael b at www.pearlmansjewelers.com; there's also a thinner one-sided pave version of this i think). i saw someone wearing this ring (or else one almost exactly like it) at a restaurant on my recent trip to san diego (i only mention cause it's your general area) and i almost choked on my cajun chicken sandwich.

03P18.jpg

----------------

That's the most gorgeous setting I've seen for a long time Reena, but the cost ......... would be just a little on the high side for my pocket! I was especially interested to see that the prongs are flat and squarish, instead of the usual rounded shape. My newest solitaire has prongs exactly like this and I thought when I saw them that they were very stylish - nice to see them on such a high ticket designer setting too.

21.gif

My own e-ring has a thin pave set band and it makes the diamond look huge. Mine's only a 2ct stone (I never though I'd ever say 'only 2cts') so what a 3ct stone would look like with a really slim band is mind boggling!

----------------

oh, i totally agree--i love MB but ultimately decided against one of his settings cause they are soooo expensive for the carat weight. i believe the one-sided version of this ring is about $3200. but as you said, it can easily be done custom!
1.gif

Heiny10

Rough_Rock

Hi there --

We''ve been out of commission the past few weeks. My GF has been in and out of the hospital, but on the mend. She still doesn''t know I am on this site...and is starting to worry that I am not searching! Ahhh -- If she only knew! Anyway, I am still looking for the "right" diamond (haven''t had a lot of luck) and she has FINALLY decided on the Tacori Rose Bud setting and wedding band. She promised me she wouldn''t change her mind this time! :) Thank goodness... I never thought she would decide.

Here''s the next dilema... I am still thinking 3 carat diamond, but thinking it might be too big for the setting. I went to another jeweler who said that 3 carats might just be too big. So we are thinking 2.5 or so now. What do you all think? Do you think it will look too big for the Tacori RB setting?

Any opinions will be appreciated! Seriously -- I really need you guys the next couple of weeks. I am about to purchase the setting (Friday) and need to know a range of what the head should be to either fit a 3 carat or smaller.

Thanks again for everything...

Pete

P.S. I soooo promise to take photos for you all when I finally propose! :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2004 2
6.gif
8:41 AM
Author: Heiny10

Here's the next dilema... I am still thinking 3 carat diamond, but thinking it might be too big for the setting

Tacory presents their catalog displays with diamonds around 1 carat - this does not mean that they do not offer a version suitable for a larger stone. Obviously, the same ring meat for 1 carat willl not be very suitable for a substantially larger stone. This is a technical Q that Tacory can answer and no other.

And there is one more detail: as far as I remember, the "Rose Bud" has a pair of 'sidestones' near the center. Those make a new question: keep the standard size and let them look smaller stil next to your diamond, of keep the proportions and get larger sides !

33.gif
I am pretty curious what Tacory will answer to this one...

Sory to hear about hospital visits... Best wishes from this side of the screen !

35.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
From my understanding of Tacori, they custom make each setting to the exact dimensions of the stone to be set. To me this seems like whatever size you get, it should fit but agree that this is a question that only Tacori can answer. Valeria also brings up a good point about the side stones and proportion. Let us know what Tacori says!

laney

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Pete,

Just FYI (as you know that I have this setting too). I have a 1.5 carat, and I too was wondering about the proportions because I only saw it with a 1 carat - OBVIOUSLY not the difference you are looking for.

Now that I have it on my hand.. I do think a larger diamond would look stunning in this setting. The "side" diamonds really less of a 3 stone look, and blend more into the band with my stone. - although from the side and other angles they do figure nicely.

With a 3 carat - or 2.5 carat - I still think this setting would be fabulous (YES I AM BIASED) but to me looking at it every day - the band comes off as delicate - and the two side stones surround the center to give it some umph.

I will say, when I got mine... the side stones did look small to me. Based on the other rings I was looking at. To you with a larger stone..they will also look small. But they compliement so well.

Good Luck! I hope your GF is feeling ok.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and another thing TACORI is completely flexible on the design... so if you did want bigger side stones - they surely would accomodate!!

Heiny10

Rough_Rock

Thank you Ladies....

All of your ideas, info, experiences and questions are soooo helpful! I will talk to my jeweler this week and see what Tacori says about either enlarging the side stones or keeping them the size they are. I kinda want the center stone to pop on it''s own so I am thinking about just keeping them the way they are.

Laney -- I will PM you when I have a chance today....

Also, my GF is doing much better, but has a blood clot in her right leg. She''s on bed rest at the moment, but at least she is out of the hospital. It was pretty scary there for a few days. She was pretty drugged one night when I was sleeping next to her in the hospital and started talking about her "favorite" Rose Bud engagement ring! :) She''s too cool sometimes. I know this ring will make her year (despite the medical problems)!! :) Thanks again for asking about her well being. I am sure she would appreciate that if I could tell her about all of you.... I will do so after I propose!

Thanks again,

Pete

Heiny10

Rough_Rock

I spoke with a new jeweler today... He said that 2.5 carat weight would be just fine in the Tacori Rose Bud setting... Thank goodness! :)

Has anyone purchased a 2.5 carat lately? What''s the going rate? Is there anything I should look for?

Thanks again,

Pete

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2004 2:18:48 PM
Author: reena

oh, pete: i just came across this pic in another one of kayla''s posts. (hope you don''t mind kayla!) looks like a w-band does fit pretty well against her split prong solitaire setting! and i have to say, a set like this might be PERFECT for you--a stunning 3c RB with those gorgeous, elegant claw prongs, and a bling-y shared prong w-band for added umph. perfection! it''s utter perfection.

113_1332%20(2).JPG

I have just been reading this thread. It seems to me it has all been said already. (Pete, did you get the names of the vendors who sell *good* Tiffany-like settings? It seemed to me you were still asking where to go after some places had been posted.)

I did want to say that I don''t recall ever seeing this photo of Kayla''s rings, though, and they look just *spectacular* together. Absolutely gorgeous!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pete,

I just had another thought. I have a plain band with jackets. I recently moved and do not have any photos of my rings on this computer (nor is the computer yet set up to attach to my digital camera). If someone knows how to repost a picture from here on Pricescope, my rings are pictured here someplace. I will see if I can find them and copy the photo, but I would appreciate any help I can get!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I cannot post the photo I copied from Pricescope and saved on my own computer with another name. Why? I upload it and get a message that it was successfully uploaded, but the posting still reads:

"You attached the folloing file to this post: none"

If I attempt to post, it turns out the message above (saying I had attached nothing) is correct. So why am I told-at first-that I successfully uploaded? Leonid?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2004 10:46:32 PM
Author: Heiny10

Has anyone purchased a 2.5 carat lately? What''s the going rate? Is there anything I should look for?

Going rate... between 4k for K/I1 and 70k for D/IF

34.gif
There is lots and lots to lookk for inbetween I am affraid.

Including this F_Si1. Any thoughts ?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Josh put together a group of photos of my ring and its jackets. Leonid e-mailed me a list of reasons why I may have been unable to post it before. This time when I tried to upload it it looked as if I had been successful. I got a message that the file I tried to upload was "received", but I still get a reading of "You attached the following file to this post: None".

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here they are :)

AGBFringguards.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Ana! I still do not know what the problem is, but this had become very frustrating and you are a doll to volunteer to post these for me!

Deborah

solange

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF your rings are gorgeous and you have options, Can you wear the wrap rings alone? Do you mind if I what size your center stone is and where did you get the wraps? I love this idea.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2004 5:12:13 PM
Author: solange
AGBF your rings are gorgeous and you have options, Can you wear the wrap rings alone? Do you mind if I what size your center stone is and where did you get the wraps? I love this idea.

Thank you for the compliment. Pete thought his girlfriend might like something in this style, too. (Where the heck is he!?) No, you cannot wear the jackets alone. I originally had another setting for a solitaire, with larger side stones (if you can call little stones like the ones in my band sidestones). I decided I wanted something that fit snugly instead of banging into my solitaire. I had the other set torn up and this built.

The center stone is 1.678 carats, but looks bigger because of the extremely thin, knife-edge setting. It is an F color VS and I bought it from Ray Elsey at the Tradeshop. I had the wraps custom made by a jeweler who took my idea and knew how to execute it. Her name is Mona and she works at Grunberger Jewelers in Stamford, Connecticut.

Deborah

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2004 6:54:16 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 11/13/2004 5:12:13 PM
Author: solange

Thank you for the compliment. Pete thought his girlfriend might like something in this style, too. (Where the heck is he!?) No, you cannot wear the jackets alone. I originally had another setting for a solitaire, with larger side stones (if you can call little stones like the ones in my band sidestones). I decided I wanted something that fit snugly instead of banging into my solitaire. I had the other set torn up and this built.

The center stone is 1.678 carats, but looks bigger because of the extremely thin, knife-edge setting. It is an F color VS and I bought it from Ray Elsey at the Tradeshop. I had the wraps custom made by a jeweler who took my idea and knew how to execute it. Her name is Mona and she works at Grunberger Jewelers in Stamford, Connecticut.

Deborah
GREAT RING! Gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

A question... what does your e-ring look like from the side? I always wonder how the platinum head for a such a large stone looks on a very narrow band. THANKS!

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results