shape
carat
color
clarity

classic cushion setting (like moremoremore''s original)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stacy4232

Rough_Rock

hi all, i have found the cushion cut diamond i will have for my engagement ring (pictures hopefully tomorrow!), and am still agonizing over what setting to put it in. my BF likes antique/vintage style rings with lots of detail and less "attention" on the center stone. i, on the other hand, have grown to love settings that focus on the center stone without detraction. the stone we found is so completely perfect that i don''t think i want anything else so i''m thinking about a plain tiffany-style setting for it. we''ve decided that we''ll get a plain engagement ring setting and then he will design a vintage wedding band (with the detail and craftsmanship he loves) and have it custom made.

i love moremoremore''s original setting (though i love the three-stone cushion too!!!). i noted that she got it from mark t at engagementringsdirect.com. i have not been able to pin down which one it is though. some of the rings on the site appear to have different prongs that that in moremoremore''s picture.

moremoremore (or anyone else) can you point me towards the setting your cushion came in?

thanks!

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
here is a picture of MMM''s original setting that i like.

slemmm.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Stacy-

I think mmm''s setting was made by Mark T- it was just the temporary WG one that he put the diamond in, but mmm just kept it because she was undecided about which setting to put it in permanently....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s another angle of her setting
(I''ll look for more)

hbthree3hb.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
this is a pic of Nicrez'' setting for her radiant.
I think it is the same basket style as moremoremore''s

sideview%20of%20ring.jpg

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
thanks sevensone.

can you put a cushion in a setting such a WF''s tiffany knife edge setting? i haven''t seen any cushion solitaires with six prongs.

this is soooo hard! part of me thinks i should just buy a temporary setting for less than $400 so i can just take my time finding the one that is "just right."

tiffany knife edge six prong.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results