shape
carat
color
clarity

Class ring time!...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
So it''s time to buy my class ring. I''ve been putting it off for a few semesters, but I need to get it ordered before October. I plan on wearing it for a few years, and while I go to football games as an alumni later down the road, so I want to pick a metal that will last. I''m having a difficult time picking a finish too. So many choices!

Here''s the pictures of the rings... Ring 1 is the Mens ring (the one with the diamod)
Ring 2 is the women''s ring...

Ring 3 is the only version I could find of their ''antique'' finish.

Ring 4 is the only ring I could find that''s white gold.

I''m having such a hard time deciding, becuase I really like the gold and white gold versions. I''m not too keen on the antique ring....

Ring 1 got me thinking... I wonder if I could get Whiteflash to put one of their .05 ACA''s on it. hehehehe

Anyway, pictures follow.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Mens ring (just shows diamond) incase I want to get it for mine... wonder about the ACA.

uh_ring_one.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
This is the women''s ring.

uh_ring_two.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
...couple more....

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Antique finish

TX2058-B106XX_th.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
White gold.

TX2058-B876S1_th.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
They come 10k, 14k, 18k White or Yellow gold.

so hard to choose.. most of ya''ll have seen my engagement ring. Which do you think would go better??

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh, sorry, can you post a quick pic of your e-ring again? Just for comparison''s sake in this particular thread? I think I remember it but would like to see it in the same thread just because I''m feeling lazy, lol!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curio, I remember now seeing the wax images of your ring but not the finished product on your hand....Wow! It''s stunningly beautiful, congrats! As far as which class ring style/color of gold would work best with it, I''m going to vote for WG, and an antique finish. I think the antique finish will sort of go along with the vintage feel of your e-ring, and while you may not be super crazy about the darker oxidized looking metal inside the engraved parts of the ring, I think the high polish finish of the rest of the ring will compare wonderfully next to your e-ring! Jmo, though, among many I''m sure you are still to receive here on this thread. Best of luck to you in your decision...what an exciting time in your life, graduating and about to get m-a-r-r-i-e-d!
36.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Monarch!

I see what you mean about the antique finish though... I wish they had more choices for the women''s ring. The guys have 4 choices of rings, and we have ONE!

bah!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2007 12:59:51 AM
Author: curiopotter
Thanks Monarch!

I see what you mean about the antique finish though... I wish they had more choices for the women''s ring. The guys have 4 choices of rings, and we have ONE!

bah!
ITA, bah! I remember even high school choices for women were not so great, no, I was not a fan of artcarved even back then, just not enough options I think. Hope you find a fabulous ring that works for you Curiopotter!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could you get a signet-style ring instead? I like those as class rings...

If not, I''d probably go for the 14k white gold if you want it to match your e-ring. I like the class rings in yellow gold better, myself-they seem so retro in yellow gold! (In a good way.)

P.S. I don''t like the one with the diamond-it seems really out of place, like they just stuck it on there, you know?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto on the signet ring idea

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi Curio. I lerrrrrve your e-ring. And I think it would be a shame to wear a class ring that detracted from it. So I''m going to add my vote to the small, signet ring camp. In white gold!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I went to my university''s website, and these are the ''official'' rings they offer. I guess I could go with another class ring vendor, but I feel weird not getting the ring my acutal college puts out.

I gotta make a decision soon... maybe I could just get both a signet and regular class ring, and just wear my e-ring and class ring on separate occasions..

Come to think of it, it freaks me out wearing my e-ring to our football games.. We get so excited, I can imagine jumping up after a touch down, screaming "YEAAAH!!!!!" and watch my e-ring fly into the crowd from flinging my hands up in the air like a lunatic.

Picos

Rough_Rock
Go Cougars!!

I''ve never liked the bulky class rings; my friend''s is very small with her birthstone and in yellow gold. She went to Trinity so maybe that''s why?

I never got a class ring but when I see them I think that I should have even if I''d never wear it.
5.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I don''t want to regret not buying one..

I''m just having a tough time deciding on what kind of metal I want. I really like the look of yellow gold class rings, but I can''t bring myself to wear them together. I have like a week to decide, so we''ll see...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curio, I can see maybe getting a YG signet ring, OR a YG class ring, but if IIIIII was going to do both I''d want one in each tone, ya know? Sorry if I''m making the decison tougher. Which would you wear more often? Are you thinking a class ring is something you''d only wear to games and future alumni functions? Iin that case I think I''d go YG. If not...WG. See my point? Signet ring is probably something that can be easily worn on your RH for the rest of your life, so to go with your e-ring and WB I would choose WG...ok, I''m rambling now but hope I got my general point across! Good luck!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results