shape
carat
color
clarity

clarity vs color exact examples

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wondering if the clarity vs color is more important here.

That's a question only you can answer, I'm afraid. Brains or beauty? Hopefully a little of both? It's all about your priorities.

I am not an expert but I am disinclined to overpay for clarity or top color (in contrast to cut) so there's that. And I am having BGD "improve" an old stone for us.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do they consider normal viewing distance?

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
What do they consider normal viewing distance?

From their website:

"Eye-Clean" is a term used to describe a diamond which has no visible inclusions to the unaided eye of a person with 20/20 vision at a distance of 8 to 10 inches in the face-up position in natural daylight. Diamonds that are clarity graded either SI1 or SI2 need to be visually inspected to determine whether any inclusions are visible from the top. You will be provided with an "Eye Clean" assessment on all SI1 or SI2 graded diamonds.

@bkd8590 For a platinum halo I wouldn't go lower than H as most of the melee will be F-G in color. As for clarity I like stones that have clear inclusions; especially in the lower clarity grades (VS2-SI2). I'm not a fan of either of these stones due to the dark inclusions under the table.

Edit to add:
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/collections/diamonds/products/0-75-h-vs2-signature-round
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...products/0-8-h-vs2brian-gavin-signature-round

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
If you aren't a fan of either, or are already wishing they were different before you buy them, then I'd recommend waiting a little longer and saving up a little more to get a diamond that really makes your heart sing and is mind clean too. I've found if you start off with reservations, they will always nibble at you in the back of your mind. Wait for and put the work in for what you really want if you can.

Daze

Rough_Rock
If you aren't a fan of either, or are already wishing they were different before you buy them, then I'd recommend waiting a little longer and saving up a little more to get a diamond that really makes your heart sing and is mind clean too. I've found if you start off with reservations, they will always nibble at you in the back of your mind. Wait for and put the work in for what you really want if you can.

THIS!! Exactly this.…

I have too many ‘I wish a you were different’ nibbling away at me hidden out of sight in my jewellery box. Don’t be me. Never compromise - compromises are just remorseful and expensive mistakes.
Strike enough balance to make it mind clean.
Love it entirely or walk away!

Best of luck with your search.

bkd8590

Rough_Rock
I can't say that I'm not a fan per say, I'm just asking from people who have experience what would be more esthetically pleasing to the naked eye.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
All depends on what level SI1. If the SI1 is truly eye clean then I would get a higher color.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Is there nothing available between D and J? That’s quite a color difference.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
I started out thinking clarity was more important than color. My first purchase was a J VVS2. Now I'm considering a D SI2 which most definitely is NOT eye clean.

I have (all GIA, except the J is AGS):
- J VVS2
- K I1 (eye clean, this one is a really high K)
- G I1 (eye clean)
- D VS2 (eye clean)
- H SI2 (not eye clean)
- E SI1 x 2 (both eye clean)

There is some much more to diamonds than color, clarity or even cut. Some diamonds you just like. It would be good to see some stones in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results