shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miner

Rough_Rock
Is it normal to be able to see a small black spot on a VS2 diamond when looking at it from the side with the naked eye?...face down I can''t see it..but I can see it looking at it from the side.

Please advise..the stone was GIA graded VS2 cloud.

Thanks

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
take your stone to have it cleaned professionaly. it sounds like there is something on it.
2.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure it''s not a partial girdle reflection seen from the side, but VS2 with clarity grade determined by a cloud (if I understand you correctly) - it isn''t likely.

Miner

Rough_Rock

Thanks Belle and Gary,

I just received the stone today...it looks great...but I can easily see the little black spot close to the edge...only when viewed from the side. The diamond is laser inscribed...and I can''t read that from the side...would I be able to read the inscription with a 10x loupe...the stone looks very very clean apart from this one spot...strange

I thought that I wouldn''t see any spots at all going with a VS2. thanks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 9:23:30 PM
Author: Miner

Thanks Belle and Gary,

I just received the stone today...it looks great...but I can easily see the little black spot close to the edge...only when viewed from the side. The diamond is laser inscribed...and I can't read that from the side...would I be able to read the inscription with a 10x loupe...the stone looks very very clean apart from this one spot...strange

I thought that I wouldn't see any spots at all going with a VS2. thanks.

No way could you read the laser insciption without a loupe. Some even have a hard reading them with a 10x loupe. Could be a spot of carbon, but if the GIA report says a cloud and it's a VS2, I'd get it steam cleaned and go from there. Good luck, let us know what you find out!!
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You could absolutely see a black dot in a properly graded vs2. Grading is face up only. I have a nice size Vs2 cushion and I can even see the little dot face up every now and then if i tilt it in the right way....one little black dot can be seen when looking through the side..it's almost hidden so no one else would ever notice it....I've "relaxed" a bit and now realize it's no biggie. Enjoy your stone!

EDITED: I just read you said CLOUD. Sorry, don't know the answer to that. But I guess anything could be possible, right? Some Vs2 are better than others I suppose..but I"m no expert

cheech

Rough_Rock
My prong was dirty and it showed something black.
Could that be it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results