shape
carat
color
clarity

clarity question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of the diamonds I''m looking at online is a VS1 but has a tiny black inclusion. Will this be visible? Are black inclusions common for VS1 diamonds?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Again, I''m no expert... but I would think in a VS1 stone, the inclusion is probably NOT visible to the unaided eye. Although in a very large stone, I suppose it is possible, though still unlikely. What size diamond is it? What shape? Inclusions are "masked" much better in a RB than say, in an emerald cut.

Ask the vendor to pull the stone and eyeball it for you. I have found that the vendors here on PS are extremely honest and forthcoming about that sort of thing.

Lynn

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I guess there are never guarantees other than the vendor''s word and return policy, but I can''t believe that a VS1 would have anything you need to worry about. I have a VS2 in a reasonably large stone, and under 30x magnification we were shocked by the speckles, but it has NO impact on how the stone looks without a strong magnifier.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamonds can have a large range of distinguishing inclusions from faint white feathers to tiny carbon spots. Even though you mention the dark inclusion it is more likely a pinpoint inclusion which you will not be able to view without the aid of magnification. The larger the stone gets the relative size of the inclusions will be more readily apparent. You have nothing to worry about. If it was a si-1 or si-2 in a larger stone I would be concerned about the face up appearance. VS1 is a very safe rating.

You mention buying on-line. The only other concern I would mention is make sure the stone does not carry an in-house clarity grade. This is highly unlikely in the competetive on-line market, but just thought I would mention it. Make sure the stone is graded by a reputtable lab..GIA,AGS,HRD etc..

Regards-Josh
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results