shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity for an emerald cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
What are your thoughts on a VS2 in an emerald cut? I know it''s a step cut, and don''t those show inclusions more so than a non-step cut? So my question is, if I''m talking about a 1.5-2 carat emerald with a great cut in an H color, is a VS2 too low to go on clarity? Or does it just depend on if the specific diamond is eye clean? Thoughts?
33.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
The Emerald cut is a glassy look and reveals everything. If you dont want to pick up anything with the eye then do not purchase an emerald cut diamond with a clarity grade lower then VS2. Graded properly this diamond will be eye clean.

Let me know if you need a quote or a comparison I will be happy to help.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
clarity is always a diamond by diamond decision.
A vs2 emerald cut will usualy be eyeclean based on the few iv seen and what others have said but its not always the case.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have a 6.39 carat VS1 emerald cut diamond and it looks great. You should be fine with anything above VS2. Of course you will want to have a look at the stone before you buy - not only for the clarity but also for the cut - you don''t want to end up with a stone that looks like a giant baguette.

Hope this helps.

Blu

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, VS2 and above should be fine. An SI1 may even be fine too, but this would be harder to find 100% eye-clean. VS2+ is a safe bet.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would view that in person before you decide. I was always under the impression that you should keep it VS1 or higher.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Sarita and STRM- you will be safe with a VS2 if it is graded properly...and, you may also be safe with a SI1, just be careful.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
VuittonGal
You GO!
It''s totally individual by stone.
GIA grades clarity by the size of imperfecton- In emerald cuts this produces some unusual consquences.
Say you have a VS1 sized imperfection, dead center.
Beleive it or not, I''ve seen VS1 Emerald Cuts, as graded by GIA, with imperfection easily visible.
COnversly if an SI2 sized imperfection lays perfectly on a triangle in a corner, for example- the SI2 diamond could be perfectly clean to the naked eye.
I''ve seen this too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results