shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity Enhanced Stone for my girl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vborker

Rough_Rock
1.46 Clarity Enhanced EGL Certified G Color IS
I am buying it for $2500........ $1000 for the Setting its a .50 2 Baquet Platnum..

TOTAL PRICE $3500

I work for a bank.. I deal with finance.. I have no clue about this stuff..
Am I being scammed??? He told me $4400 when I came in.. then I got him down to $2500

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I, personally, would run like hell at the mere mention of CLARITY ENHANCED. Search on here for a price for something around that size, go for a SI1 or SI2 for clarity and an H or I color.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Vborker,

Do a search on clarity enhanced and I think you will find it is not in your best interest to buy even if its a cheaper price, Ame is right. I think you can find a good stone in your price range that is not enhanced.

Best,

lori/yellowfan

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
vborker,

Pricing CE stones is tricky. The problem is that the grading scale that is normally used for diamonds isn’t applicable, which is why most of the major labs won’t grade them. I’m one of the few people here that doesn’t have serious problems with the whole process and there are lots of shady dealings going on involving them.

There is a reasonably good chance that what you are asking about is a gussied up I2-I with a marginal cut. There’s nothing especially wrong with that as long as this is what you’re looking for and $2500 is a decent enough price but there are even more variables at play here than there are with natural untreated stones. The lab reports aren’t really very helpful because there is so little standardization in the way they are graded. It’s important to examine the stone in person and critically to make this decision. Consider getting assistance from a pro that has seen them before and can reasonably compare them with similar items. The differences can be considerable.

As far as the ring goes, your question is even more difficult. $1000 might be a bargain or it might be crazy high. In general, jewelers are not inclined to match up their top shelf designer style mountings with CE diamonds but there is no way to tell with the information you’ve given.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CE doesn't count on the list of mortal sins... if it looks good and the price is right, well, that's a diamond no ?

50% price drop upon bargaining is the part that doesn't sound appealing. Perhaps the piece is desirable and the seller has some unrelated reasons to get the ring off his hands, but how often does this happen ? Is this a private seller ? That might explain the price.

The respective 3.5k are perfectly good money, no reason to throw them through the window on a "bargain". I wish there was a way to see this ring, but without that, a local appraiser would help determine whether this is a deal or a rip off. From the description, it could go either way
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results