shape
carat
color
clarity

Citrine Birthstone Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cwikstarr

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. As you can all see, I''m new around here. I have been collecting good information from this site for awhile, so it''s about time that I post a little something of my own. Unfortunately though, it''s a post requesting...more information.
emsmilep.gif

My situation.

A special someone''s birthday is just over the horizon, and I know that she loves her birthstone, which is citrine. (November)
She also loves hearts, princess-cuts, white gold, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Furthermore, I doubt she would be incredibly picky, but I still want to get something that I put a bit of effort into picking out. (I feel like a hypocrite saying that and coming here for advice...)
I found a lovely ring, but I don''t think a ring is something a guy buys his girlfriend for a birthday gift. I''ve always thought that rings are only meant to be given during an engagement and for the wedding.

Here is a link to the ring I found...
http://www.fortunoff.com/product.asp?pf_id=055110837&index=20&corp_gift=0&dept_id=1062011

Anyway, I''m thinking a necklace would be the most appropriate, even if she doesent wear it very often. I found a nice citrine solitaire necklace at Blue Nile, and I could even buy her the matching earring set in the future.

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=4944&nav1=necklace_channel.asp

What do you all think? To the ladies out there, do you know of any beautiful citrine jewelry that you could share? What do you think about the Blue Nile necklace?

Here is a bit more information that might be helpful as well..
I''m 19, and in college, on a college budget. I can''t afford anything higher than $250.00, being that I have an expensive dinner date planned as well. She is 17 going on 18, and likes "modest" jewelry that isn''t too extravagant, not that I could afford anything like that anyway.
1.gif

Any tips, suggestions....anything would be nice to have!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I have a citrine ring that I had custom made... The stone was left to me by my Grandfather and the setting was ordered at a local jewellers.

citRin1234.JPG

Cwikstarr

Rough_Rock
Those are both absolutely gorgeous, and pieces that I could only dream about having.
12.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I really like the Bluenile necklace that you posted. From what you described, it seems like something that she would like as well, plus I think that it''s a classic look that could be paired with a lot of different things.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results