shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb wont insure my ring ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
Well so I got ahold of totaldollar.com and arizona is one of those states where the agent and the corporation needs to be licensed in. While Bill is registered to do bussiness in AZ the corporation isnt. So I pulled up some local dealers some told me chubb wont do it unless i buy a house or this and that but a few of them knew that chubb would. I still need to call around some more but the anser I got to day from three different insurance brokers/dealers was my premium on my ring valued at 7350 would be 117 a year but...Chub wont insure it unless its 10,000 or above. so ive been told...are these agents being greedy. cause they are writing a policy that wont make them any money. Or is this a chubb thing that just recently started... Please help...Does any one else know a company thats licenesed in az along with agent? Because Bill Castro couldnt help me...So far 33 states require the agent and corp be licensed.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I would go the Chubb website and see if you can get a policy on line directly.

From what I''ve heard from Bill Castro lately is that there is an expense in setting up the policy, and insuring an item that has under a $ 200.00 premium represents a loss for them.

Part of this may be the newer requirement for both the company and the agent to be licensed, but I don''t know for a fact.

I''d suggest calling one of the independent agents and asking if the have a company that will write a stated value type policy.
I''ve heard other companies do it, but seems Chubb is certainly the leader in offering this type of coverage.

Rockdoc

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
so I called chubb and explained what was going on. They simply told me thats not true.

So I called the mahoney group (a company I know) and told the lady that I didnt want to give up my first born to insure a ring with chubb. I told her what other companies have said I also told her that I called chubb directly and the simply told me that it wasnt true that they would insure the ring.

She under stood she called me back with as quote... 118 a year to to insure my ring that appraised at 7350.00 I like the price of jewlers mutual better 98.00 but I like the pease of mind with chubb. and they bill me directly.

So it just goes to prove on a small policy it isnt chubb. its the insurance company that wants everything. We knew this.

Thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results