shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoberyls - old and new

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Since everyone else has been showing off their chrysoberyls I figured I''d flaunt mine as well. Most of them I''ve had for a while now but the loose stone is brand new.

kiz-chrysoberyls1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
All at a distance

kiz-chrysoberyls2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the new guy. A 4.55ct yellow-green oval from Odyssey Gems.

kiz-og-chrysoberyl1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And another shot.

kiz-og-chrysoberyl2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Catching the light.

kiz-og-chrysoberyl3.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Zowie! That blue stone second from left is a chrysoberyl!??!
Tell me more.
31.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And a distance shot for size.

kiz-og-chrysoberyl4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 7:52:42 PM
Author: VapidLapid

Tell me more.
31.gif

It's not really that teal blue at all. I'm not sure why it's showing up that way. It's my vanadium chrysoberyl.

My signature picture shows it somewhat more accurately.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Kismet!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed that chrysoberyl had sold on his site, and I''m glad a Pricescoper got it. Nice stones!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Scrumdiddlyiscious!!!!

I never knew about chrysoberyls until missi started working on her three stone with Michael E. Now I'm smitten. I like both the yellow and the apple green.

Ooooo, and I especially love the asscher! Just in case you need to adopt one of these out. I'm just sayin'..........

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2010 7:53:51 PM
Author: Kismet

Date: 6/22/2010 7:52:42 PM
Author: VapidLapid

Tell me more.
31.gif

It''s not really that teal blue at all. I''m not sure why it''s showing up that way. It''s my vanadium chrysoberyl.

My signature picture shows it somewhat more accurately.
That one caught my eye too because it has a lot of blue.
9.gif
Woah, that is one heck of a huge chrysoberyl!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice rings and stones Kismet. I think I am going to have to get one. I''d like mine to be one of the more yellow ones though.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every stone is wonderful, but I like vanadium chrysoberyl best.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you''ve got a fab collection of chrysoberyls!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve caught the Chrysoberyl fever.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I tried again with the pictures, this time outside, but the vanadium chrysoberyl is still looking really blue. It does have a strong blue component but not as strong as the picture makes it look.

kiz-chrysoberyls5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. I lurves me my chrysoberyls.

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
those are such lovely greens! i haven''t paid much attention to chrysoberyls because they usually seem to be some sort of yellow-ish colour but your collection is
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
!
can i ask... where did you get the vanadium chrysoberyl from?
the colour is gorgeous!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I got the vanadium chrysoberyl from AJS Gems a few years back. I have to say though that my pictures don''t show the color of that stone accurately. Here''s the vendor''s pic of my ring which is a lot more true to life.

kiz-vanadiumchrysring1.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the mounting too!! The brushed pink gold is a beautiful compliment to the stone! Where did it come from?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uppy, you should totally get one too!!! I had to come back and look again Kismet..they''re all so pretty, and I''m especially taken w/the asscher! I very much see myself buying more chyrsos down the road-I''ll use Uppy''s word-I''m smitten!

When I was taking pics of the blue spinels the other day, the chrysos and zircons were on the bead board in the shade, and I kept turning to look at them-they just looked amazing. They''re like HEY, Over here! Check us out! Quit looking at the spinels!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 11:58:47 AM
Author: Uppy
I LOVE the mounting too!! The brushed pink gold is a beautiful compliment to the stone! Where did it come from?

Thanks Uppy. The setting was made by Andrew Sarosi. My original thread on the ring is here.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks packrat. They are quite showy. The asscher and the radiant cut both flash light around quite a bit.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 1:17:33 PM

Thanks Uppy. The setting was made by Andrew Sarosi. My original thread on the ring is here.
Wow! I just look at his stuff, and it''s incredible!! Does he do any work outside of the InterGem shows? I saw the two links to gemstone sites. I was just wondering how to contact him to comission a piece. Otherwise I''ll have to wait until October for them to get to Oklahoma.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 4:01:29 PM
Date: 6/24/2010 1:17:33 PM

Wow! I just look at his stuff, and it''s incredible!! Does he do any work outside of the InterGem shows? I saw the two links to gemstone sites. I was just wondering how to contact him to comission a piece. Otherwise I''ll have to wait until October for them to get to Oklahoma.

I would think they would take commissions outside of the intergem shows but I can''t say for sure. I would probably call them (phone number is on the contact page) as I don''t think they''re big into using email.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results