shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrysoberyl seeking mount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! I have a 7 sided Heptagon Chrysoberyl measuring 5.8X4.4mm. Will it fit a high 4 prong round mount meant for a carat diamond?TIA

ChrBer1.00_1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chic,
To be sure the depth and points will fit, how about bringing it to your local jeweller (plop into an empty mount) to be sure? With an uneven number of sides, I'm not sure how to set the stone.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Do you have other pictures of your stone?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/25/2010 9:30:03 PM
Author: packrat
Very pretty! Do you have other pictures of your stone?

Thanks Chrono and packrat. I had just placed an order:) will upload more photos when it reaches :)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 9:03:02 PM
Author:chictomato
Hi there! I have a 7 sided Heptagon Chrysoberyl measuring 5.8X4.4mm. Will it fit a high 4 prong round mount meant for a carat diamond?TIA

Hi Chictomato.....very pretty Chrysoberyl. Would you mind sharing where you found it. I am also looking for some yellow stones.
Thanks so much and have a great weekend!
35.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful stone!
i think maybe doing 3 prongs (like a martini setting?) would give a more balanced feel (if you think that''s enough to hold it). i think brian gavin has quite a few pieces (rings as well as earrings) that have 3 prongs.
not sure why that seems more balanced -- it just looks like it would be easier to find 3 sides that are equadistant-ish than 4.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like the cut and shape. Very interesting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could hold the stone inside a bypass with the pointy bit in the middle between the two arms - does that make sense?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I saw a ring with stone that shape at the jeweler''s today. I wanted it! It had two prongs on each flat side and then side diamonds.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much for all the input! I really appreciate it
1.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl had a lovely mount made for her 9 sided stone. Thread is here.

withhand4333.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chictomato, the stone is beautiful. And it is chrysobery, a sturdy stone that can stand many settings. Good luck!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/26/2010 10:56:58 AM
Author: Taylorbug!
Date: 3/25/2010 9:03:02 PM

Author:chictomato

Hi Chictomato.....very pretty Chrysoberyl. Would you mind sharing where you found it. I am also looking for some yellow stones.

Thanks so much and have a great weekend!
35.gif
Thank you for the additional photo references! Yes its certainly unusual. Sorry to miss this question. If you read my thread on the orange sapphire. I had mentioned about this jeweler friend of mine who seems to be my only source in Singapore to provide precision cut gem. I thought that the shape and cut is beautiful too, hence I had placed an order. However the thing is that there is no return policy.. I am having 2nd thoughts as it seems a tad too small for my liking. It will arrives in about 10 days. I will post it on ebay Singapore to sell if it does not work out for me..I guess it will be quite problematic seeking a right mount, I do like the 3 prongs martini idea though!:) or maybe sally lotus?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results