shape
carat
color
clarity

Christopher Designs and Crisscut Diamond Pricing Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misterlump

Rough_Rock
I have found a Christopher designs ring and stone that are very much to my fiancee-to-be's liking. But, I am hesitant to move forward without some other points of reference for price.

Since the Crisscut diamonds are branded, there's little use comparing to standard cut diamonds.

Does anyone have an idea what the below ring would cost? At least a range? Don't worry about the wedding band.. just the engagement ring.

Here are the details:

Ring: Christopher Design Micropave Ring (.21 cts accent) Platinum
Diamond: Crisscut, .72 cts, G, S1

The dealer in San Francisco (to remain unnamed) is quoting $6250.

Seems a bit high to me, but like I said, I can't find another Christopher Designs dealer, and the stone and setting are unique and branded.

Thanks in advance!

ring177.gif

ring177.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
That seems quite in line from the quotes my BF was receiving from solomonbrothers -- I suggest you give them a call. They are out of Atlanta, but were pretty helpful. Also, I know that Judith Arnell jewelers (i think that she''s out west) carries the ring.

I was very smitten with that exact style, but after getting the quotes at such high prices, for diamonds that were smaller and of lesser quality, i think that we might be heading another direction...

good luck.

misterlump

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I know both dealers and will make some calls.

At the very least, by ordering from Oregon or Georgia, I will save the 8.5% sales tax here in SF.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That price includes the stone? Sounds good to me!

misterlump

Rough_Rock
So to end the thread on my Christopher Designs ring. I finally found my ring.

Ring: Christopher Design Micropave Ring (.21 cts accent) Platinum
Diamond: Crisscut, .85 cts, G, S1

The .72 cts ring was quoted in SF at $6250 for the enagement ring alone...

But then I found a dealer in NYC on 47th that got me the same setup with a .85 criscut stone *AND* the matching wedding band for (drum roll) $6640. Not bad considering they would have got me the .72 for $5200, almost $1000 less than my local SF store, and with zero taxes.

enjoy.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
MR. Lump: that sounds like an unbelievable deal. can you tell us more about the ring. when i started this process that was my absolute dream ring, but i moved on because i thought that the brand was too marked up to afford, but if you got both an engagement ring and a band for that price, well i could be revisiting the crisscut.

how did you like the look of the extra facets in the stone. do you have any pictures of the rings????? i would love to see some hand shots.

congratulations!!! and can you post or PM me the info of that NY dealer???

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you send me the info on the New York dealer also, I am looking

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results