shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Party help, please - looking for a black lace shrug! TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I'm asking you ladies, because you always shock me with how fast you all seem to find the seemingly unfindable!

I'm wearing a black alencon lace topped Tadashi gown for my husband's Christmas party, and I'm looking for a black lace shrug to complement the dress.

I bought this dress years ago, and never wore it, so I had no pics of it until a few moments ago when I found it on Ebay!
6.gif

I'm hoping you guys cam help! The party's on December 8th!
1.gif

Tadashi Gown2.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more pic!

Thanks, ladies!

Tadashi Gown.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
have you considered black velvet? i just wondered if the lace on the dress and another lace would get busy? also this time of year a little velvet might offer some warmth. good luck!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
do you want long sleeve or short sleeve?
Would you consider getting fa wrap instead? just some options....

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 12:49:00 PM
Author: crown1
have you considered black velvet? i just wondered if the lace on the dress and another lace would get busy? also this time of year a little velvet might offer some warmth. good luck!
AGREED!

I would say even a lovely crimson cashmere shawl to make it pop. It needs some color, (even though I LIVE in black and white) and crimson is such a festive holiday tone!
30.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
triple ditto! i think a lace shrug witht he lace top would be much too busy. velvet or satin would be lovely.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies, you''re all awesome! I knew I could count on the brainstorming power of you all!

Velvet would be perfect, off to go search now.

I wanted a 3/4 sleeve or long sleeve, but am open to short sleeves. I want one that''s not really heavy on fabric on the lower half, just basically velvet sleeves.

Does that make sense?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 1:32:32 PM
Author: Nicrez

Date: 11/29/2007 12:49:00 PM
Author: crown1
AGREED!

I would say even a lovely crimson cashmere shawl to make it pop. It needs some color, (even though I LIVE in black and white) and crimson is such a festive holiday tone!
30.gif

This is a fantastic idea, too. I even have the red shoes I can wear if I can find one!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren,

What a drop dead gorgeous dress!!! You will be a knock out in it.

Linda

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 2:11:53 PM
Author: Linda W
Lauren,

What a drop dead gorgeous dress!!! You will be a knock out in it.

Linda

Oh, Linda! You''re too sweet!

It''s hilarious because this dress has been in my closet for 2 years now, and if people compliment the dress at the party, I can honestly say "This old thing?"
2.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
what did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results