shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas is over

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 1:16:12 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Hey, don''t knock the Cadbury Egg. I was so pleased to see them in the checkout line!!
Hi somethingshiny

I love your Avatar by the way...very appropriate for this topic.
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 1:21:38 AM
Author: Sparkster

Hey, don''t knock the Cadbury Egg. I was so pleased to see them in the checkout line!!

Hi somethingshiny

36.gif

I was going to leave it because I like the snow!!!! Apparently, to some, it''s like the non-working, draping Christmas lights, huh?

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
This is also my Easter guilty pleasure - yummy!

Erin

Ideal_Rock

Hi somethingshiny

36.gif
OMG I didn''t even notice. Now THAT, my friends, is funny. I don''t care who you are.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 8:29:07 AM
Author: Starset Princess

Hi somethingshiny

36.gif
OMG I didn''t even notice. Now THAT, my friends, is funny. I don''t care who you are.
In case Something Shiny changes her Avatar...you know gets a kick in the patootie to get moving...I thought it might be appropriate to inform the future reader, that today January 29, 2008 Sparkster has cleverly pointed out the avatar Something Shiny is using is a snow globe image with the cast of White Christmas inside. The snow is falling and with the red costumes and white fur trim along with the words White Christmas...you most definitely get the impression of a Christmas theme.

Here on January 29th in the thread about putting away the Christmas decorations.

IE: Appropriate fodder for this thread...I''d have to agree with the kids paying attention.
36.gif
Good Job Sparky!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ve got a Cadbury Egg at home..I picked it up last week in the checkout line. LOVE THOSE THINGS!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 12:26:53 PM
Author: door knob solitaire

Date: 1/29/2008 8:29:07 AM
Author: Starset Princess

Hi somethingshiny

36.gif
I didn''t even notice. Now THAT, my friends, is funny. I don''t care who you are.
In case Something Shiny changes her Avatar...you know gets a kick in the patootie to get moving...I thought it might be appropriate to inform the future reader, that today January 29, 2008 Sparkster has cleverly pointed out the avatar Something Shiny is using is a snow globe image with the cast of White Christmas inside. The snow is falling and with the red costumes and white fur trim along with the words White Christmas...you most definitely get the impression of a Christmas theme.

Here on January 29th in the thread about putting away the Christmas decorations.

IE: Appropriate fodder for this thread...I''d have to agree with the kids paying attention.
36.gif
Good Job Sparky!
I did notice what that avatar was - nice one!

Uh oh, I guess I better change my Santa hat soon.... Although it''s hard to know how to merge shamrocks with St. Valentine''s Day???? Maybe since the trend is to start early, I could just go back to my shamrock for an early St. Patrick''s Day theme.....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
They're still up because he doesn't trust me to take them down without breaking my neck and he's been very busy. But he said that last year too, and they didn't come down until I made a bet with him in September. Money is a great motivator in our house. The funny thing is they've been broken since the week before Christmas; something is wrong with the electrical connection outside.

ETA: We live in a rural place, our neighbors can't see them to be bothered by them.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
But, I LIKE my avatar. Up until this, I've only had the little red outline guy.

Alas, no one will take me seriously as long as my White Christmas continues....

Fine.....I'll see what I can do....

ETA- There, a big ol' smooch!
13.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
And she caved to the pressure!!!!
3.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 2:56:04 PM
Author: joflier
3.gif
a kick in the patootie will do it everytime.
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 2:23:06 PM
But, I LIKE my avatar. Up until this, I''ve only had the little red outline guy.

I liked it too! But I too caved and got rid of my Santa hat...

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 2:23:06 PM
But, I LIKE my avatar. Up until this, I''ve only had the little red outline guy.

Fine.....I''ll see what I can do....

ETA- There, a big ol'' smooch!
13.gif
Nooooo, I can''t believe you changed your avatar. If we can have Easter eggs 3 months early, then we certainly can have Christmas avatars 11 months early!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 4:08:46 PM

style="WIDTH: 94.63%; HEIGHT: 9px">
Nooooo, I can''t believe you changed your avatar. If we can have Easter eggs 3 months early, then we certainly can have Christmas avatars 11 months early!
How about we compromise with 4th of July?
20.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
3.gif

I can''t believe the peer pressure here...
20.gif

You can''t really see me, right? So, there''s no physical way for the kicking to commence, correct?

23.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The easter eggs aren''t really ALLLL that early, though...Easter is what, March 16 or something this year? I was pretty tripped out by that - it''s the earliest Easter we''ll see in our lifetime.

OldFashionedGirl - Huh! I didn''t realize that about the 2nd. Good info :)

Wait...does Easter fall in the same weekend as St. Paddy''s?!?!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 7:56:24 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

Date: 1/28/2008 6:10:54 PM
Author: Elmorton
I grew up leaving everything up until January 6th. .... It''s just a few weeks away from Ash Wednesday, c''mon!
You bring up a few good points. Because contrary to what most are probably thinking, it REALLY REALLY BUGS ME when people take their decorations down before January 6th, considering that is only the 12th Day of Christmas. According to Catholic custom, you don''t put them up at Thanksgiving, because that is around the beginning of Advent, which is a penitential season, somewhat like Lent. You normally wait until around Christmas Eve to put them up, and then they should stay up at the very least until Jan. 6, the Feast of the Epiphany and 12th Day of Christmas, and preferably thru the Octave of Epiphany, which is 8 days later. But some of us (yes I''m one of those annoying people who leave them up longer - because I LOVE Christmas, and I too want to enjoy it for about a month or so, which is what those of you who start at Thanksgiving do) like to leave them up until Feb. 2, which is the Feast of the Presentation of the Baby Jesus in the Temple. Since He''s still a baby at that feast, it''s not totally inappropriate to keep them up until Feb. 2. Although, as Elmorton points out above, this year is kinda weird because Lent starts extremely early, so it might be the year they should come down earlier.
5.gif
I know in our materialistic society, since Christmas has become so commercialized, the stores start putting Christmas stuff out in July or something (LOL - okay I''m exaggerating) to sell more stuff, and most folks like to decorate around Thanksgiving, having decorations up by now may seem ridiculous. But it is our commercialized world that has it backwards; really the month or so to have them up, from a Liturgical Year standpoint, is from Dec. 24 to at least Jan. 13 or so...
I don''t know if that''s why some people still have them up, but that''s why I do. I know, I''m an oddball. I often wonder what the neighbors think about my Christmas tree still being up - now I know!
3.gif

BTW, I am not trying to say, above, that the vast majority of you who put them up at Thanksgiving or so etc... are materialistic! I know it''s the common custom today. I think what probably happened over the last century or so is since the stores want to sell lots of stuff at Christmas (this is the materialistic part), they put everything out early, which then must have led people to start doing so as well, I guess.?? Not sure, but anyway, I know most people probably aren''t even aware of the traditional way of looking at it.
Exactly. It''s liturgically correct NOT to take everything down on Dec. 26. or even Jan. 1. The Dec 26th people drive me nuts! But the people that really get my goat are the folks who take the tree down on Dec. 25 and throw it outside at the curb!

Deco -- icicles from six years ago????
38.gif
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 8:01:18 PM
The easter eggs aren''t really ALLLL that early, though...Easter is what, March 16 or something this year? I was pretty tripped out by that - it''s the earliest Easter we''ll see in our lifetime.

Ha! I never really understood how the Irish Catholics managed to have such a party during the Lenten season without having to go to confession afterwards!
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 7:23:05 PM

3.gif

I can''t believe the peer pressure here...
20.gif

You can''t really see me, right? So, there''s no physical way for the kicking to commence, correct?

23.gif
I believe that it would be a virtual kicking.

DKS.....lying in wait.
paddle.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The easter eggs aren't really ALLLL that early, though...Easter is what, March 16 or something this year? I was pretty tripped out by that - it's the earliest Easter we'll see in our lifetime.

OldFashionedGirl - Huh! I didn't realize that about the 2nd. Good info :)

Wait...does Easter fall in the same weekend as St. Paddy's?!?!
Easter is the Sunday following St. Patrick's Day: March 23rd. My understanding is that it is quite a solomn day in Ireland, while we Americans have turned it into a big party/booze fest (I believe what I heard was something like "It's the one day Irishmen don't drink and we think it's quite funny that Americans all assume we do). Perhaps one of the Irish PSers, such as Maisie, can pipe in and clear this up for me because I may be way off base (you're outta here, KimberlyH!).

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock

I know what we should have....green coloured liqueur centred easter eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results