shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Eve Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zebov

Rough_Rock
Okay, here''s my proposal idea. Please, give me your thoughts and opinions:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about three and a half years now. She is the greatest woman in the world and I am absolutely in love with her. She and I first met in high school. We worked together as cashiers at a fastfood joint; one day, her sister was going to give her a ride home after work (she lived an hour away), but wouldn''t be able to pick her up until late that night. I invited her over to my house and when it got dark, we took a walk around the neighborhood. The "halfway" point of our walk was a tiny park within my neighborhood. We sat on the basketball courts and talked about everything. That''s when we realized that we liked each other and we walked home in each others'' arms. ANYWAY, on to the proposal (sorry, the history is rather important). We have been discussing marriage for a few months, and I have continually been telling her that I wanted to wait until after college to get married, so that when I did ask her (before graduating) she would be completely and utterly surprised. My plan is this:

On Christmas Eve, she will be coming over to my parent''s house. The neighborhood has a great reputation for its Christmas lights; I will invite her to bundle up and take a walk around the neighborhood to look at some of the lights. We''ll walk around admiring all of the beautiful houses and make our way toward the park. On the basketball court (where we sat and talked for hours) I will have rose petals spread out over the ground (hopefully snow). I will take her to the basketball courts and make some comment like, "Awww... someone put rose petals on the ground." That''s when I''ll tell her how much i love her, get down on one knee and ask her to spend her life with me.

Here''s what I need some help with:
1) Walking could be quite cold (is this a big deal?), but driving would be quite ackward and she probably wouldn''t respond well to "Do you see that? Let''s check out what the heck that is on the basketball court"
2) I also had the idea of stringing together Christmas lights so they spell out "Marry Me" and placing that in the park and then pointing it out when we are going by houses looking at lights.
3) I have been living in a dorm room throughout college. We have talked a lot about getting an apartment but both don''t want to live together until we''re married. I have been looking at a bunch of apartments around the university and have the following idea: I could print out the layout of one of the apartments and wrap it up in wrapping paper. While we were walking along the street, coming close to the park (when we get to the park?) I would pull that out of my pocket and say "Here''s your big present." When she opened it she would be very confused. I would explain to her that it''s an apartment... for us. Of course, she would then say "But baby, we can''t live together, we''re not married." At this point I would start saying "I know we''re not married, but I love you. You mean so much to me and I can''t not stand seeing you all the time every day etc.. etc.." I would say all the "nice" things that go with a proposal speech only she would think it would be excuses for us to live together. Then as we reached the rose petals, I would propose. This would add a little bit more flavor that I think she would like. I dunno, what do you all think?

Thanks for all of your help! I''ll let you all know how it goes.

Zebov

Goober

Rough_Rock
I like your first idea without the apartment and all that. It is perfect the way you explained it. It is very thoughtful and wont't get messed up because there really is nothing complicating it. and about the cold, it really should not be that bad, just make sure you two are wearing jackets.
2.gif

good luck with everyting and let us know how it goes.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like your fist idea, but also like the Christmas lights idea....Either way keep us updated..
wacko.gif

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
You know her best....do what you think will make her the happiest! Give her a memory to brag about for years and years to come! Congratulations to both of you!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results