shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing James Allen was my worst decision

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi I bought it with a credit card. It was charged and fees has already been charged too. (It was already processed)

Only then did JA finally finish their investigation on my personal details to cancel out my transaction.

So no, it's not pending but charged and interests will roll until the refund hits my card

I see. I’m sorry to hear that!

I’ve bought from JA before - several times - and been happy. I view it as kind of a flea market experience… You need to know what you’re buying without requiring additional assistance, and you need to be prepared for return/exchange/etc. hassles.

This is in contrast with some other vendors who provide truly luxurious all-inclusive and no-hassles buying experiences.

There’s just no way for a new consumer to know that, though. Not without going through years of PS posts with a fine-tooth comb. Please do have your card cancelled. PS is a very public place, better safe than sorry.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder whether google back ups still retain the post with those VISA numbers.

Anyone know?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you're going through this.

I had no idea what a "charge back" was so I looked it up.
Here's a Forbes article on it.
Maybe there will be something in it you'll find useful.

Last edited:

kumasue

Rough_Rock
Sadly I'm in a path of thorns.

My bank doesn't give temporary credit not pause the payments and in addition they will charge late payment interests.

Yay to me?

I'm just so beaten up that I need anti depressants.

My bank did say a estimate of 60 days but the latest I have to pay the bill by is in another 50 days.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time to call James Allen and demand to speak with a manager. Giving customers incorrect billing information is bizarre and unacceptable.

I've rarely had good luck with their chat personnel.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Time to call James Allen and demand to speak with a manager. Giving customers incorrect billing information is bizarre and unacceptable.

I've rarely had good luck with their chat personnel.

Please do this! If they don’t have an international toll free number, maybe you can use Skype.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW I’ve done exactly two chargebacks in my life and both were painless for me. I called my bank, they took my statements and initiated their process, and a few days later I had money in my account.

I understand that the fact that you’re international is an added complication but I’m hopeful it’s still straightforward and quick - the timelines they give are always for worst case scenario.

Last edited:

kumasue

Rough_Rock
Actually the person who emailed me about the manual merchant chargeback and order cancellation was an manager (?). She is the worst when it comes to customer service extremely unhelpful and doesn't reply my emails lol.

Every single customer service representative I hit up just tells me nope. I have to wait for this 2 months chargeback and it's up to my bank to wipe their ass for the trouble they put me through

I've done chargebacks before for frauds. But my first time doing a merchant chargeback and takes 2 months while at it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Actually the person who emailed me about the manual merchant chargeback and order cancellation was an manager (?). She is the worst when it comes to customer service extremely unhelpful and doesn't reply my emails lol.

Every single customer service representative I hit up just tells me nope. I have to wait for this 2 months chargeback and it's up to my bank to wipe their ass for the trouble they put me through

I've done chargebacks before for frauds. But my first time doing a merchant chargeback and takes 2 months while at it.

If you call immediately ask to talk to a manager. And, keep asking for the next higher up until you get the refund. Also, make note of who you talk to.

kumasue

Rough_Rock
Somehow either the threads at pricescope helped or the bad reviews I left all over other sites or the constant messaging to James Allen..

They *finally* decided to help me... Fingers crossed
Screenshot_20220827-231536_Outlook-blurred.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a great relief to hear, for you I’m sure!

im just curious. I have not looked - nor am I attempting to place some fault on you.

but is there any mention of overseas transactions possible issues and considerations and hoops regarding this on their website? I’m just curious because they seem to keep stating it’s an issue with your bank / Forter is the issue. not them.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wonder whether google back ups still retain the post with those VISA numbers.

Anyone know?
just saw this, yes very likely.

kumasue

Rough_Rock
I understand that forter flag it as a fraud risk.

But what I do not understand is shouldn't you research on your customers before charging them then make them go through this manual chargeback that takes up to 2 months for certain customers?

[ No my bank does not provide temporary fund if not I won't be posting all of this shit hole here :( . ]

If it was a pending sum it would have been understandable but I am literally chargerd. Money taken. And being played like a basket Ball Going back and forth.

My bank stated explicitly that they need 2 months or even longer to investigate even if James Allen doesn't fight the investigation it doesn't matter :/ I will still be liable for everything James Allen put me through.

But anyway I've been stalking Google James Allen and anything that might have been related and the last case of this similar situation. The buyer was also from Singapore. The posts was from 2013 pricescope.

Probably singpapore seems like a hotspot for this issue?
My bank is DBS Singapore is anyone is curious

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Screenshot_20220828-002759_Chrome.jpg
In my opinion that site is spam at best, more like phishing , they are tying to sell you a service no one needs and collecting a ton of dangerous to you info in the process.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@kumasue sr management at JA is aware of the issue and working on it.
You have posted a lot of information on this thread and as you claim maybe other sites that is best kept private.
I highly recommend you start cleaning it up and remove any identifying information like your name, email address, cc info, bank name and any other information that can identify you or be used to steal from you.
You can hit report concern under the posts you need edited to get admin help or ask that the thread be removed.
If you posted similar information elsewhere I recommend you clean it up also.
Putting a fraud alert on your credit card you posted is very very strongly recommended.
If your country has credit reporting agencies like in the US it would not be a bad idea to place a fraud alert on them also.

edit: Just to be clear I am trade here at PS but have no affiliation with JA. I am posting this with your best interest at heart.

kumasue

Rough_Rock
I think now they want me to cancel the merchant chargeback and give me a manual refund?

I'm not sure if it'll work. Calling my bank tomorrow morning.

I'm just afraid if it's like PayPal? Once cancelled I'll never be able to open a case again??

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any experience with this so fwiw. Considering everything you've said so far, I think I'd just leave it alone for a while and give it a chance to work through the system with the merchant chargeback that's already in process. If the company has been unresponsive and told you things that weren't true etc., I would probably just stop communicating with them. But JMHO.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think now they want me to cancel the merchant chargeback and give me a manual refund?

I'm not sure if it'll work. Calling my bank tomorrow morning.

I'm just afraid if it's like PayPal? Once cancelled I'll never be able to open a case again??

Have them give you explicit directions in writing via email, signed, before you take any further action.

They’ve given you false billing details before. Who’s to say this isn’t round two of someone misunderstanding something internally.

I do still believe that this is stunning incompetence on JA’s part, not maliciousness, but the burden of CYA for your money rests on you.

Last edited:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you are going through this, I hope you got to talk to JA finally after receiving their message.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Hi thanks for everyone support here!

They've finally refunded me after confirming that I've closed the merchant chargeback so it's safe to assume I'll be getting my refund in 3-5 working days??? :)

Yay! I’m so happy for you kumasue! I can’t even imagine the stress of all of this. I’m so sorry this was such a nightmare. I hope now you can relax a bit .

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Finally my refund hit my bank today. But due to this I losts 200 USD (most likely due to card exchange rates???)

Definitely won't recommend anyone to James Allen ever.

@kumasue annoying about the $200, but SO glad that your ordeal is over!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Imagine a voucher for $200 as compensation. No thanks!

100% agreed. If it were me I would definitely say good riddance.

However from James Allen’s end, something needs to be done to acknowledge this mess and the loss that was caused. Ending off this way is just not a good look…

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
To be fair as I said earlier a charge back is how this type of thing is usually handled.
With an outfit the size of JA not passing fraud testing probably happens fairly often.
They tell the people to do a charge back and the money appears back into their account/off the card within a few days at most.
When netflix without my permission restarted my subscription, they said do a chargeback and the money was posted to my card within 48 hours.
It would have been less than that but all the credit card companies play the game of payments and returns post at midnight even if they come in at 12:01am they hold them until midnight.
The communication needs working on.
Overall it was a weird situation involving JA, the vetting company they use. the bank, the credit card system, throw is some communication issues and you have a mess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results