shape
carat
color
clarity

Choice amongst 3 Tourmalines and why? tks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Which will you prefer and may I know why? thanks:) really hope to learn more from you guys:) tks
http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5714
http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5731
http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5723

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably first rule out the green, color is average (no real depth), and cut is not out of this world either. The other two are both nice in their own right. The lighter one has a really nice cut and should have a lot of life (scintillation) to it, while the deeper one has a nice shade of color and more "character" in that department. It also depends on what cut you''d like better, but I''d probably get the oval one (lighter) as it really has a nice overall shape too, and seems like it could be a nicer stone in general.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the lighter pink best. Still tho, from my experience, Dana''s pictures are way different than real life. I''d email him and see if he can do some more pictures, or I''d see even ask to have them sent out to look at them yourself!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the last two, not quite sure what colors you are thinking of though?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m really confused because the pictures look nothing like the description! The first one looks lavender not baby pink. The second one looks like a yellow/olive/green and I don''t see the colours mentioned (or that it has a glowing quality) as per Dana''s description and the third one again, really doesn''t match the words. Having said that, if from experience others are saying that his photos are not good representations, if I were going on the description alone, it would be no.2 for me.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 1:23:03 PM
Author: packrat
I like the lighter pink best. Still tho, from my experience, Dana''s pictures are way different than real life. I''d email him and see if he can do some more pictures, or I''d see even ask to have them sent out to look at them yourself!

I agree! Looking at your photos packrat, it seems he does a poor job at taking photos of his stones. Often the stones are unimpressive by photos, but his description seems to be absolutely of another stone or something.

Would you say that your stone is much nicer than the photo provided by him?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 4:14:54 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 9/20/2009 1:23:03 PM

Author: packrat

I agree! Looking at your photos packrat, it seems he does a poor job at taking photos of his stones. Often the stones are unimpressive by photos, but his description seems to be absolutely of another stone or something.

Would you say that your stone is much nicer than the photo provided by him?

Yes, I do think my stone (here''s my thread again cuz I like to show it off
lavender spinel ) is better in person than in the pictures from the website. I almost didn''t inquire about it, and actually hemmed and hawed about it for a week or so before I finally did-good thing it was still there! I can''t recall who showed it to me in one of my other threads, but it was also mentioned that pictures are deceiving.

My lovely looks *exactly* like it does in my pictures. The pictures flash up on my computer screensaver and they always make me stop what I''m doing and watch and smile.

Y''never know when a stone might be the right one for you!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi tks everyone for the once again helpful advise! By the way packrat, how do I make the link clickable? You know what Lovingdiamonds, I had jlet you ust cut and paste your question to Dana:) Will keep you guys inform of his reply and my decision! tks More suggestions WELCOME!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chic, copy the link to whatever you want to be clickable, and then in the reply screen, there''s buttons directly above the reply box. The very last one on the right that looks like a green circle w/a grey swirl on the bottom-click it, and then you can type in what you want your link to say-like mine said lavender spinel. Then next will pop up a box to paste the link into. It''s pretty slick!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Packrat!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
*tips hat*

Have you heard anything from Dana on the stones yet?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only like the last one.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is tough because they are all different. I’ don’t know what you are really looking for.
1. Looks like a very pale pink kunzite with a touch of purple. Cutting style will bring out a lot of brilliance but you won’t get much colour if that’s your intention unless you happen to like something very pale.
2. Looks like an olive green stone to me. Something I would pass on except that I’ve heard that Dana’s pictures are really crappy.
3. Looks like a purplish pink stone that’s rather ordinary. Again, he’s described it as a much better stone that the picture I see.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hmm... hasn''t receive a reply yet. However I realised that the bi color/ color change sapphire is a little too small in size to create the ''look'' I wanted.. I will probably set it into a halo setting. Hence I would prefer one that is of a bigger size. Pls keep me update should you come across any bi/ tri color/ or color change Sapphire. Working on a budget around $300 and below tks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results