shape
carat
color
clarity

chipped stone but good clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whotheyare

Shiny_Rock
hi there, on a appraisal if he says VS quality but states there are few chipped stones, does that mean that the value isnt hurt since it is still vs clarity or when the stone is chipped do they not take that into consideration when making a clarity grade, basically im asking if its a vs stone with a note of it being chipped is it worth the value of a VS stone still or does the chip decrease the grade even more even though it was strill graded a vs? or was the chip not taken into consuiderataion when giving the clarity grade? I am just asking in general appraisal terms not for specific appraisors

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 8:24:19 PM
Author:whotheyare
hi there, on a appraisal if he says VS quality but states there are few chipped stones, does that mean that the value isnt hurt since it is still vs clarity or when the stone is chipped do they not take that into consideration when making a clarity grade, basically im asking if its a vs stone with a note of it being chipped is it worth the value of a VS stone still or does the chip decrease the grade even more even though it was strill graded a vs? or was the chip not taken into consuiderataion when giving the clarity grade? I am just asking in general appraisal terms not for specific appraisors
I would call the appraiser and ask him. I would assume they were vs before they were chipped. Hopefully an appraiser would chime in.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It can''t be a VS2 if it has chips. Chips will bring a true clarity grade way down.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depending on the size and position of the chipped Diamonds...

I have quite a few "antique" Diamonds who have minor chips on the girdle and are still considered and graded (new reports incl. chips) VS (even VS1).

But I would clear up the appraisers meaning..., including or not..., and how reliable...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results