shape
carat
color
clarity

Chip in diamond tennis bracelet

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
I recently purchased a used 4 carat tennis bracelet with 7 pointer diamonds. It was far too long so I had some links removed and made into a DBTY bracelet. I just realized that one of the diamonds still included in the tennis bracelet is chipped - I'm not sure if I did this recently or if it was always this way. It certainly wasn't noted in the appraisal but the diamonds are small, so maybe that's not reasonable to expect.

Do I need to worry about it cracking in half? It's a considerable chip that can catch on things. In the future I could have a link removed and swap the diamonds out but I would rather not have to take this route.
chip.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
IDK but maybe you could try to get the rough part sanded down a bit so it doesn't catch on things, if possible. Then only go for a more expensive fix if it's needed later on.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
IDK but maybe you could try to get the rough part sanded down a bit so it doesn't catch on things, if possible. Then only go for a more expensive fix if it's needed later on.

That's a great idea! Have you (or anyone else) done that before? Will it impact the scintillation of the diamond? I guess at this point that chip isn't sparkly anyway

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
That's a great idea! Have you (or anyone else) done that before? Will it impact the scintillation of the diamond? I guess at this point that chip isn't sparkly anyway

No, it's just a random thought since you said you were hoping to not have to switch it out.

Fwiw, my guess is that it could be done, but that it would more an inexpensive fix to make the diamond "workable," rather than improving its appearance.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Could your jeweler replace the chipped diamond with one from a removed link? Should be simpler than swapping out the entire link.

That is what I would do.That chip would bug me no end & as you have the leftover diamonds, they would match perfectly=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results