shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicken Stew Recipes? YES I KNOW IT''S HOT OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I KNOW it''s been 90+ pretty much everywhere, but I had a craving for a thick chicken stew and don''t have a good recipe.

The sad part? My ex-boyfriend''s mother used to make an INCREDIBLE thick chicken stew... This was probably 6+ years ago, and we haven''t spoken since I broke up with the guy... so there is NO way I can get in touch for the recipe. But I was curious because it had a specific name... It was Polish or Italian (his family''s heritage) and it started with an "F" I think. Any ideas what the name could be? HAH, talk about desperate questions!

Yes, this is all VERY vague, but I''m trying to find a substitute recipe... It was served over biscuits... YUMMY!!

Any good thick, chicken stew recipes out there???

Your help would be much appreciated : )

Aussiegirl : p

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I found this interesting cook book called Biggest Book of Easy Canned Soup Recipes by Better Homes and Gardens..It has some fun looking recipes that honestly I have not done yet. I bought the cook book and put it on the shelf and forgot about it. You inspired me to go find it... I looked for something like what you were asking about. These are not "from scratch" recipes, but maybe they might be good (??)

Creamy Chicken and Dumplings
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
12 ounces skinless boness chicken breasts cut in 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons butter or marg
1 stalk celery
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 10 3/4 ounce can condnesed cream of chicken and herbs soup
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/8 teasjpoon black pepper
1 4.5 ounce package (5 or 6) refridgerated biscuits
1 cup frozen peas
Place flour in plastic bag. Add chicken and shake. In saucepan melt butter over med heat. Add chicken, celery, carrot, and onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until chicken is brown. Stir in cream of chick and herbs soup, chick broth, and pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer covered about 20 minutes or until chicken and veges are tender. Meanwhile, separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Stir peas into chicken mixture, return to boiling. Place biscuit pieces on top of chicken mixture. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick intserted into a center of a biscuit comes out clean. Serve in bowls.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
This one is spicier....and I don''t know if it qualifies as a stew..and it''s turkey, but heck, I''m hungry and it caught my eye...here goes:

Indonesian-style Turkey Turnovers
1 15-ounce pack folded refridgerated unbaked piecrusts (2 crusts)
1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup plain low fat yoturt
3 cups cubed cooked turkey (about 1 lb)
1/2 cup raisins or dried currants
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon water
Let piecrusts stand at room temp and unfold according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a bow stir together cream of mushroom soup and yogurt. Stir in turkey, raisins, peanuts, coconut, green onions, and curry powder. Set aside. Place the unfolded piecrusts in a foil-lined baking sheet. Divide turkey mixture among piecrusts, spooning in onto half of each circle and spreading it to within 1 inch of edge. Fold each crust in half over the turkey mixture. Seal edges by pressing with tines of a fork. Using a sharp knife, sut slits in the top of each turnover. In small bowl beat together egg yolk and water. Brush over the top of each turnover. Baker in 375 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes until pastry is golden.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Julia,

I appreciate your suggestions - I''m going to try one of them for tomorrow : )

Thanks,

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
HAH! I remembered the name... CHICKEN FRICASSEE.... anyone have a favorite recipe for this??

Sorry I was so ridiculously vague before : ) My memory was giving out on me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results