shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago Jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pframpton

Rough_Rock
I have searched all these threads and could not find an answer to my question.

Can anyone suggest a reputable jeweler in Chicago who also is a great craftsman. I have a diamond and I want to desgin a ring to put the stone. People have suggested Dimend Scassi, but they only mount stones purchased from them. Are they good jewelers in Chicago who will also mount stones not purchased from them? If so, any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Paige

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm should be able to help you with this. Hopefully he will be around in a bit.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Pframpton, welcome to the forum
face1.gif

Here is a list of local jewelers that was collected mainly on the consumers recommendations: http://www.pricescope.com/jewelers.aspx

e.g. for Illinois: http://www.pricescope.com/jewelers_IL.aspx. you also can search based on your ZIP code...

Good luck and let us know what you will find.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only one close iv had experence with who will set internet diamonds is
Drew at:
D D Designs
7123 N Cherry Vale Mall Dr
Rockford, IL 61112
815-332-1447

He rocks but might be a bit far away for you.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I used Diamond Mart in Naperville for the reset of my marquise. They took full responsibility for my stone and everything was done to perfection. They do custom work and have two locations...Naperville and St. Charles. I know their jewelers aren''t always on site so you''d have to call and make an appt to have a consult with them. I found them to be very reasonable on price as they were going to custom make a band to go with the setting I chose from them and it was no more or less expensive then bands of ''like kind'' online. They also gave me a great deal on my setting and this is my second time using them. I had them make me a custom band to go with my original e-ring 7 years ago and it''s the same jeweler that did the work this time.
Don''t know where you are located relative to those two locations but the Naperville location is about an hour from me I live south of the city. Good luck. I guess you could always check jewelers row downtown if you live in that area.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Martin & Martin in Oak Lawn (95th and Cicero.) We''ve had excellent luck with them, and many of our friends and acquaintances have used them. I know they can custom make just about anything, but I''m unsure of whether they will work with a consumer''s own stone...you can google them for their number and call and ask. They are very competitively priced as well.

Also, Merry Richards--they have a location in Oakbrook, as well as Glenview, and used to have one downtown but I think they closed that location. There is a gal named Pebbles on PS who may chime in here...she has also been to both of these jewelers and may be able to give you more info. Good luck!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results