shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago Area GTG Saturday Aug. 25th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to respond to the thread that Perry had started last week but I can't find it for some reason.

Anyway, let's plan another Chicago area GTG! Any objection to doing it the way we have the past few times; meeting at Harry Carey's for lunch around noon and then going over to the show? Or, if anyone has a different restaurant suggestion feel free to speak up.

Here is info for Harry Caray's: It's at 10233 West Higgins Road in Rosemont (847-699-1200). Let's plan on a noon meeting, and we usually sit in tables pushed together right by the front door.

The convention center is at 5555 N. River Road in Rosemont (about 2 miles from the restaurant). Phone # 847-692-2220.

Perry - I know you have issues with cigarette smoke but the last few times we've been there the PSers were about the only ones in the whole place and and bar is a ways off from where we usually sit. If the weather is good though I will ask if we can sit outside.

If people can give me a "yes" (or even a "maybe") on whether they're coming I'll make sure we get enough tables pushed together for everyone.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn! I will still be OOT that day. Next time!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I come? I *may* have to go in to work that day, but I''ll know by Wednesday if I can make it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak, oh that''s too bad! I think there is another one at the beginning of December so hopefully you will be able to make that one.

Haven, we would love to have you! I don''t know what your timing would be if you had to go to work, but if that''s the case maybe you could even just join us for lunch?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
We''re a "maybe" right now. Hubby and I both want to come -- we had so much fun last year! -- but we also want to make progress in our bathroom. We''re currently down to subfloor and studs, and it would be nice to get stuff going in rather than just coming out. At the same time, I think that we both need a break from remodeling, and what better than a day looking at gems? We''ll probably decide how we''re feeling in a few days.
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Chicago is not that far if I were to fly. I wish I could make it this year, but there''s no way. I will be looking forward to pictures, though, ladies!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
So glad I found this thread! I just remembered that the show was coming up...last night I actually had a dream about the ruby/diamond eternity ring I''ve been craving since last time (how''s that for crazy?!) I''ll be there!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wont be there again :{

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won''t be there this time...unless anyone who can''t go Saturday wants to go Sunday?
31.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 10:43:56 PM
Author: monarch64
I won''t be there this time...unless anyone who can''t go Saturday wants to go Sunday?
31.gif

I could go Sunday.....

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I could do Sunday too...that is if I''m not blinged out by then!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh, I really would love to go to this show again, I had such a great time last December...my DH will be engrossed in pre-season football already and has no interest in going to this one, so to have company would be just fantastic. I'd love to meet for maybe a 1-ish quick brunch somewhere close to parking and spend maybe 2-3 hrs. tops at the show? Neatfreak, Irish? Anyone else for Sunday?
9.gif

DeeJay, I will owe you a trip downtown and I'll even volunteer to help you with walking both Oscar and the Demon or something...lol!

ETA: strm, why do you say you're not coming to this show again?? Just curious, don't feel pressured to share if ya don't want to.
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 3:53:37 AM

ETA: strm, why do you say you''re not coming to this show again?? Just curious, don''t feel pressured to share if ya don''t want to.
35.gif
Radiator is toast in my car and don''t want too go out of town with it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an open house from 1-3 on Sunday so I wouldn''t get there until 4. Worst case I will just plan on the December show--but you guys will have to take LOTS of pics to make me feel like I was there with you!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Hubby is leaving for Japan again Sunday afternoon so I can''t go then. If you guys decide on Sunday then I''ll be like DJ and hopefully see you in December. Lot''s of pics are a must!

Ummmmm..........DJ...........I''m still open for Saturday...............

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Either day is still fine with me...I''ll need a pick me up this weekend...going back to work tomorrow has me slightly bummed.
14.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I could make it either day; Saturday is probably best for me. If it is Sunday I cannot stay real late (I also believe that the gem show ends at 5 PM Sunday). Keep in mind that I have about a 4 hour drive in ideal trafic to get home.

Storm says he can''t go... because:

Radiator is toast in my car and don''t want too go out of town with it.
Yo Storm... If I remember right you are somewhat close to being on my way there and back. We can talk woodwork, and other interesting things....

We could arrange that I pick you up and get you home (we could meet at the intersection or place of your choice). I don''t mind detouring somewhat.

Dee-Jay: My original post does exist; but it''s back a ways now.

Concerning the resturant: OK if it is effectively smoke free. If not... I''ll find something else to do while you all visit (do you have a good place with nice lighting to look at interesting items).

Catmom: hey, were are you on this.... I want the picture (and I''ll let Storm frame it).

Perry

Perry

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to go to one of these. When is the one in Dec? Maybe I could get hubby to visit a friend who lives in Chicago while I have fun looking at gems. hehehe

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 6:43:24 PM
Author: perry

While I could make it either day; Saturday is probably best for me. If it is Sunday I cannot stay real late (I also believe that the gem show ends at 5 PM Sunday). Keep in mind that I have about a 4 hour drive in ideal trafic to get home.

Storm says he can't go... because:

Radiator is toast in my car and don't want too go out of town with it.

Yo Storm... If I remember right you are somewhat close to being on my way there and back. We can talk woodwork, and other interesting things....

We could arrange that I pick you up and get you home (we could meet at the intersection or place of your choice). I don't mind detouring somewhat.

Dee-Jay: My original post does exist; but it's back a ways now.

Concerning the resturant: OK if it is effectively smoke free. If not... I'll find something else to do while you all visit (do you have a good place with nice lighting to look at interesting items).

Catmom: hey, were are you on this.... I want the picture (and I'll let Storm frame it).

Perry

Perry

That would be kewl but don't think it will work, I smoke and even if I didn't smoke around ya the residue might bug your asthma in a closed car.
Also its fairly far out of your way I think.
I'm in the Rockford area.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ, Catmom, etc., keep your plans as they are for Saturday! I just wanted to see if anyone else was available for Sunday as I will be working on Saturday and won''t be able to make it, I didn''t mean to imply that the day of the actual GTG should be Sunday instead of Saturday, knim? I''ll miss seeing the Saturday crowd but if anyone wants to join me Sunday I''d go that day.

Skippy, the December show takes place Friday, Dec. 7th through Sunday, Dec. 9th! You should definitely make an appearance, I''ll only be available to come on Sunday but I''d love to meet you at the show or Friday or Saturday evening for din-din, lol! Perfect time of year for you to visit Chicago, you could see all the lights downtown and do some Christmas shopping or whatever...you''ll have a blast if you decide to visit, we''ll make sure of it!

Strm, hope you get a new radiator or car or something before December so you can come then...you could bring Wifey2be and have a fab romantic weekend as well!

Perry, strm''s talk of smoking residue made me want to ask you if you could smell smoke on me last December, I''ve quit smoking since then but my DH still smokes in the basement of our house, I just wondered if it was apparent or bothered you. You can tell me, I won''t be offended! Febreze and Bounce lint rollers are my best friends and I don''t use perfume unless out on a date with hubby, but I always wonder if I smell like an ashtray even though I''ve quit because I still live with a smoker.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 2:44:58 AM
DJ, Catmom, etc., keep your plans as they are for Saturday! I just wanted to see if anyone else was available for Sunday as I will be working on Saturday and won''t be able to make it, I didn''t mean to imply that the day of the actual GTG should be Sunday instead of Saturday, knim? I''ll miss seeing the Saturday crowd but if anyone wants to join me Sunday I''d go that day.

Skippy, the December show takes place Friday, Dec. 7th through Sunday, Dec. 9th! You should definitely make an appearance, I''ll only be available to come on Sunday but I''d love to meet you at the show or Friday or Saturday evening for din-din, lol! Perfect time of year for you to visit Chicago, you could see all the lights downtown and do some Christmas shopping or whatever...you''ll have a blast if you decide to visit, we''ll make sure of it!
Monnie, I would love that
9.gif
; I will try and start laying the ground work for hubby to say yes. hehehe

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARGH! The whole world is conspiring against me for this weekend! I have a buyer from California who was supposed to come in next weekend but she suddenly discovered it was Labor Day and now she''s coming this weekend instead. Didn''t even call me before changing her flights! Will have to see what I can do but it ain''t lookin'' good...

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I managed to break a pipe in the bathroom today, so we need to stay here and take care of that. Bleh.
14.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARGH! The whole world is conspiring against me for this weekend!

Hmmm....I''m not going to say the whole world... But I too seem to have my own "Imp" as well.

I am still hopefull of a positive outcome; but if not I will not make it either.

My issue is eysight and I see well right now. I need to see better than a bunch of pretty blobs and blury people. Oh driving is a real treat as I can only see well out of the bottom of my glasses at the moment (head tipped back driving - and not something I want to do all the way to chicago and back).

I know why the problem is there... (something for another discission sometime) and am working on getting the meds to work right this week.

Lets see how much things improve tomorrow and Friday.

Perry

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 10:56:39 PM
Author: perry
ARGH! The whole world is conspiring against me for this weekend!

Hmmm....I''m not going to say the whole world... But I too seem to have my own ''Imp'' as well.

I am still hopefull of a positive outcome; but if not I will not make it either.

My issue is eysight and I see well right now. I need to see better than a bunch of pretty blobs and blury people. Oh driving is a real treat as I can only see well out of the bottom of my glasses at the moment (head tipped back driving - and not something I want to do all the way to chicago and back).

I know why the problem is there... (something for another discission sometime) and am working on getting the meds to work right this week.

Lets see how much things improve tomorrow and Friday.

Perry
Be careful and get better.
Dont take any chances.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww....I hope the available PSr''s can make it Saturday. If not, maybe a Michigan Ave. day sometime this fall?

On the Sunday note, I''m still available and open to going....neatfreak, Irish, Blennie, and whoever else said they might be ready, willing, and able to get their bling viewing on that day, maybe we can meet for lunch and then spend a couple hours at the show?

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...do we have a plan? I got the coupon for 2 free admissions in the mail today...
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t be able to make it for lunch but I am definitely going to the show later on. This will be my first show, I''m so excited! I''m bringing my good friend along, she has a beautiful 3 ct RB ring, I''ll have to get a picture of it for PS.

I''m so sad I can''t make lunch, but I''m definitely in for a future Michigan Ave day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying DESPERATELY to work my out-of-town buyer's schedule around so that I can come. Probably won't know until tomorrow night though. Will post as soon as I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results