shape
carat
color
clarity

Check these Cushion Specs...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Defender

Shiny_Rock
Here is a cushion that we are looking at. The depth seems to be a concern, but some say that shallower depths can work in a cushion. Just curious to see how all of these specs stack up from the perspective of cushion experts

Cushion Modified Brilliant
AGS certificate

2.5 carat
E Color
SI1
depth 57.5
table 58.4
girdle thin to thick
medium culet
excellent symmetry
very good polish
crown angle 36.4
crown ht 15.4%
pavilion depth 39.1 %
pavilion angle 38.5

What do you think?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting to see a cushion with an AGS cert...I havn''t come across many of those in my (limited) experience! But AGS is a good cert to have, so all the better!
2.gif

Agree that it is shallow, but it could still work. What are the measurements? It probably has a very large spread.

Bottom line, you really won''t know unless you see it. Will the vendor send you pictures? I''d like to see them as well!
31.gif

Defender

Shiny_Rock
By the way, I am curious if the depth on a stone such as this with a medium culet can create a slightly misleading conclusion since the medium culet reduces the depth at the deepest point. In this case, wouldn''t the pavilion angle really be an important factor...

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wonder why they called it a "modified"??
Do u have a picture or a sketch?

as far as the depth, i saw a lot of gorgeous 50+% td out there...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second DiaGem... that it could be nice with those numbers. And I sure am curious about the way this cushion brilliant was ''modified'' (as it is called).

That thing should look pretty darn large for its 2.5cts... with some luck. The size should be on the lab report.

Did you get to see it? Any chance for some pictures?
2.gif
Not sure what wise commnets could be drawn from them, but the description sounds quite intriguing
5.gif

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
Hi Defender,

My BF and I just recently purchased a cushion with a similar depth. Ours has a depth of 59.3. Here is the link to my discussion of the stone.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-of-my-cushion.42170/

The pictures don''t do it justice, but when we went to the jeweler to choose, we thought it sparkled just as much as the other deeper stones, but I have seen others throughout our cushion search that were shallow and didn''t sparkle as much. Bottom line is that you have to see it for yourself, I think. But it''s a great bonus when you find one that is shallow and sparkles - because you get the bigger spread!! Mine is a 1.4, but the spread is more on par with cushions I''ve seen that are 1.7 carats.

Good luck!!

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
Forgot to mention, mine is an AGS certified cushion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results