shape
carat
color
clarity

Check out my future inheritance...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so my mom is visiting for the holidays. And being an insanely morbid-yet-practical person, she loves to say things to me such as (and please imagine a heavy New York accent here)...

"Joolskie, don''t bother getting a tennis bracelet. You''ll get mine when I die."

Like I said... morbid-yet-practical.

Anyway, I managed to take some photos her lovely bling today and just had to share! Here is the aforementioned tennis bracelet. I do not know the tcw but it is set in yellow gold.

DSCF0539.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is another shot of the tennis bracelet on my wrist...

DSCF0540.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is one of the earrings that my mom had made from my grandmother''s diamonds. I have a similar pair of earrings also made from my grandmother''s diamonds... only mine are just the teeny tiny RBs without the marquise stones.

DSCF0538.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is the tennis bracelet along with my mom''s e-ring which is on my pinkie. According to my mom, I do not need a one-carat diamond because I will get hers when she dies. Thanks Mom!

DSCF0541.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is close-up of my mom''s e-ring which is on my pinkie and my rings.

DSCF0542.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Oh... and for the record, I would much rather have my mom walking the planet then have her jewelry.

9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I shouldn''t laugh but it sounds funny the way you talk about your mum! Her jewellery is lovely, but I hope its many years till you receive it!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Laugh away Maisie... my mom''s a trip. Think Doris Roberts on Everyone Loves Raymond. New Yorkers in the PS house may feel me here. LOL!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 5:51:55 PM
Author: Joolskie
Laugh away Maisie... my mom''s a trip. Think Doris Roberts on Everyone Loves Raymond. New Yorkers in the PS house may feel me here. LOL!!!!
9.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
She sounds like a hoot! The stones on the bracelet look pretty sizeable too.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Joolskie,

I discussed my jewelry inheritence enough with my mother (an antique diamond ring made from her grandmother''s earrings) that she wound up coughing it up when I was 25 instead of making me wait until she kicks the bucket (the story behind her giving it to me is quite sweet, actually). I think it''s hysterical that your mom said what she did, and can hear the acccent in my head. It''s a beautiful piece and you''re a lucky lady to be in line for it, but it wouldn''t hurt to have one to keep your wrist warm now!

~K

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOLed about how your mom said that. But I do the same thing to my daughters. For my upgrade ring I've already told my oldest daughter she gets it when I die. She hates that kind of talk! In fact, I went through my jewellery box already and asked each girl to pick what they wanted of the stuff I no longer wear and I just gave it to them this year. Not their taste or anything either.
41.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You mother sounds wonderful; I'm jealous.

I assume you bought her an US cleaner for Christmas; so she can keep 'your' jewellery clean! hahahha

Happy holidays to you both...

happyholidaystoall.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
If she steps out of line...you just say the word. I have connections
2.gif
§

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
LOL! You are too funny!

I hosted a lunch at a very nice retaurant for my parents' 80th b-days [3 days apart]. I gave my mom a rather substantial EC ring [pics are on my thread to which I still need to add]. My dad [always the optimist! LOL!] eloquently pointed out that I would be getting the ring back pretty quick in any case - they are, after all 80 [81 now]! [They are both in excellent health, mind you! They just sold their big boat in Turkey but still commute to their place on Singer Island. They just drove down in their recently purchased SL500! LOL!]. My mother then started telling us to make sure we get all the gold out of her mouth before we bury her because it is worth a fortune!

Oyyyyy. They are too funny. I love then dearly. Sigh . . .

Now as far as the artwork goes . . .

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 5:39:46 PM
Author: Joolskie
Oh... and for the record, I would much rather have my mom walking the planet then have her jewelry.

9.gif

No kidding. I feel the same way about my parents.

BTW, nice inheritance! [whenever it arrives!]

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
They just drove down in their recently purchased SL500! LOL!].

Wow at 80 and 81. They rock! Paul Newman is still driving race cars at speeds we can only imagine.
6.gif

The term Senior Drivers takes on a new meaning with your folks and Paul. What a blessing it is to witness your parents live a fulfilled healthy life of endurance! §

*I don''t mean they are racing their SL, but it isn''t the customary Buick with a Kleenex box and an insurance sticker!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Joolskie,
I really enjoyed your post!Because I have been in the jewelry trade for years my mom and I had many conversations about what to do with her jewelry collection when she passed...I knew exactly what sibling would get her beloved diamond rings,pearls,turquiose,coral,and ruby jewelry.I recieved her wedding set because its the reason I became a jeweler(she used to give them to me in church to keep me busy and quiet )I recieved several american indian pieces that could be restrung or sized to be worn by a man.I plan on wearing one of these pieces to christmas dinner tomarrow.Its a smart idea for family members to talk about the distribution of valued and valuable jewelry that will become family treasures and heirlooms.I have worked on many jewelry estates where people had no clue that the jewelry they inherited was valuable.One estate had a ring thought to be ugly costume jewelry turned out to be plat. with white diamonds and a one carat yellow diamond center stone from the 1950s!A cameo on a gold plated chain proved to be karat gold with diamonds from the 1920s.The owner pulled it out of the trash can before she brought it to me for evaluation with her grandmothers other jewelry.Thanks again for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results