shape
carat
color
clarity

Charleston, SC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
So we decided! Charleston will be the location for the girl''s getaway weekend!!!

I''m so excited! Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
36.gif

M~

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe a bed and breakfast on Battery Street! Charleston is so much fun! I loved walking by this B&B http://www.palmerhomebb.com/ I also saw it on the Travel channel and it looked cool! We were in Savannah but made a day trip over to Charleston. We walked around Battery, there is nice shopping and more touristy stuff there. How exciting!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy!!!!

We''re staying at the vendueinn.com ...It looks nice!!!!!!!!! I''m so excited!

We definitely want to go to a spa, do some shopping and just relax!!!. Will definitely be drinking some wine as well...hehe. Relaxing+Shopping+Wine+Cheese...I''m in!

Any recommendations on places to see, where to eat, etc?. Also, I rented a car (it was super-super cheap)...is it even worth it though?

M~

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really liked Anson (nice seafood restuarnt) and it is down in that area close to Battery. We did a lot of walking but we drove and parked in a garage since it is metered parking. I wish I had more suggestions, but we were there only a day and I do remember there was lots of shopping and gorgeous historic homes and you could tour them! Have fun; your plans sound fab!!!

ETA: I looked at the Inn and it looks gorgeous! You are in a great location too! Yay
9.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Charleston is a gem of a place. While we have no Disneyworld, Seaworld, or other such attractions. If you are looking for a place to relax, unwind and slow down you will really like it! Most of the shopping and restaraunts are south of Broad st.

If you really want to be pampered and catered to The Sanctuary at Kiawah island is top notch.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you!!!

I am sure I am going to LOVE IT!!!

Any other recommendations?. I''m a dork so I''m making a "weekend newsletter" for the girls...hehe

Thanks again!

M~

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Without knowing your intrests it is tough to make suggestions.

Just walking around south of Broad is an experince in itself. If not for the cars it would almost seems as if you have gone back in time. The city is very well preserved but not in a static display type of way.

Of course the beach is always nice.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 6:42:29 PM
Author: colormyworld
Without knowing your intrests it is tough to make suggestions.

Just walking around south of Broad is an experince in itself. If not for the cars it would almost seems as if you have gone back in time. The city is very well preserved but not in a static display type of way.

Of course the beach is always nice.
Well let''s see...

We definitely want to go to a spa. I love good wine and good food. I would rather go "where the locals go" rather than a touristy fancy place. Definitely want to try some good old southern food!
18.gif

I also love art and love to walk (either hiking or just around town). Enjoy the sunsets somewhere relaxing and then go out at night to different places, but nothing crazy, just to have a good time with the girls.

Not sure if we will go to the beach, but it is always a good option!!

Thanks again :))

M~

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
If you like seafood, a good place would be Hymans. Get there early though. Just about any restaraunt is good and the choices vary widely. From eclectic to very down home.

Just across the bridge in Mt. Pleasant is a place on Shem creek called Reds ice house. It is a pretty good nite spot. Not that I''m an expert on this sort of thing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mandarine when we were in NC we visited the BEST southern breakfast dinner place that had amazing southern biscuits, so warm and tasty!!! i would totally recommend finding a place like that in SC which probably has super authentic southern biscuits. yummy!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My parents live in Charleston. If you''re just looking for a sort of beachy-type, low-key place to have a beer, I recommend Dunleavy''s Pub on Sullivan''s Island http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=13456061.

We always go to this spa: http://www.charlestonplace.com/web/ocha/ocha_c7a_spa_introduction.jsp

I also find that shops downtown on King and Meeting Streets close surprisingly early on the weekends, like at 6 or 7. There are also a couple of antique shops a little further towards the Battery that had some interesting antique jewelry.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Logan and Colormyworld!!!

Logan - that spa looks awesome and I will definitely check out the Pub!!!.

Mara - YUM!!!! Biscuits!!!!!!
18.gif
18.gif
I love a good breakfast or brunch! I''m so used to the Fiber1 Honey Clusters morning routine that I have forgotten how good breakfast can really be!!! On this trip, I will have breakfast like it was meant to be had on vacation!!! lol.

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results